Avira Antivirus for Windows, version 188.8.131.52 has been released on April 27th, 2017.
- Rework the user interface flow of update in case predictable reboots.
- New Scanner (shell extension scanner) writes specific warnings from AIRS, Engine and LocalDecider into the scanner log file (separate log files for each scan session).
- New Scanner users can scan their EFS-encrypted files.
- Fixed AVIRA IPC Server Multiple Out-of-bounds Write Vulnerabilities.
- Improved process protection for scanui.exe. (It was possible to kill scanui.exe with Process Protection option active).
- Several New Scanner (shell extension scanner) fixes.
- Fixed unresponsive system due to Real-Time Protection re-initialization.
- Fixed possible hanging / frozen system on Windows 10 RS1 if Antivirus is installed.
- Fixed Real-Time Protection crash on Windows 10 RS2.
- Improved IPM handling in special circumstances.