Avira Antivirus 15.0.26 released (April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Avira Antivirus for Windows, version 15.0.26.48 has been released on April 27th, 2017.

Improvements
  • Rework the user interface flow of update in case predictable reboots.
  • New Scanner (shell extension scanner) writes specific warnings from AIRS, Engine and LocalDecider into the scanner log file (separate log files for each scan session).
  • New Scanner users can scan their EFS-encrypted files.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed AVIRA IPC Server Multiple Out-of-bounds Write Vulnerabilities.
  • Improved process protection for scanui.exe. (It was possible to kill scanui.exe with Process Protection option active).
  • Several New Scanner (shell extension scanner) fixes.
  • Fixed unresponsive system due to Real-Time Protection re-initialization.
  • Fixed possible hanging / frozen system on Windows 10 RS1 if Antivirus is installed.
  • Fixed Real-Time Protection crash on Windows 10 RS2.
  • Improved IPM handling in special circumstances.

Get: Avira 2017 - Download free antivirus for PC & Mac

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
recently Avira runs very light on my system and the cloud protection is more sensitive, when I tested malware the (cloud) notification often shows up, it's different from few weeks ago when Avira was so heavy on my system and the cloud detection was hardly seen. Now I'm using Avira free AV (without firewall module) with CFW combo after replacing Avast free, no performance impact, even I think Avira is better to be added with CFW as when I tested malware using Avast CFW combo, the system sometimes freezes for few minutes and the explorer.exe is crashed. Avira performance improves a lot

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
recently Avira runs very light on my system and the cloud protection is more sensitive, when I tested malware the (cloud) notification often shows up, it's different from few weeks ago when Avira was so heavy on my system and the cloud detection was hardly seen. Now I'm using Avira free AV (without firewall module) with CFW combo after replacing Avast free, no performance impact, even I think Avira is better to be added with CFW as when I tested malware using Avast CFW combo, the system sometimes freezes for few minutes and the explorer.exe is crashed. Avira performance improves a lot
Finaly someone sees it too ;)
Avira improved since last weeks hugely ;)

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017

Thirio

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
Finaly someone sees it too ;)
Avira improved since last weeks hugely ;)
did they move the detection to be fully in the cloud? because mostly detection now by the cloud
No? I test Avira everyday and i see ( cloud ) everyday.
why don't you participate in MH? I'd love to see Avira, just use free HMpro, free zemana and PE sysinternals for 2nd opinion.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
did they move the detection to be fully in the cloud? because mostly detection now by the cloud

why don't you participate in MH? I'd love to see Avira, just use free HMpro, free zemana and PE sysinternals for 2nd opinion.
The machine i use for malware test is painfully slow...

I have my own gaming-PC but i dont trust it to test it there...

So the problem is taking the screenshots already takes like 40 mins );

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Thinking about returning to avira for a spin.

back in the "day" for me (2006-2009) I switched back and forth between avast and avira but was mainly with avira.

Then as avast started adding more and more feature (ooh piece of candy!) I fully made the switch.

is there any reason to return full time? does it still even bolster the amazing signatures that it used to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.