App Review Avira Antivirus Free 2019 test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I think the detections are really decent but one thing that made me change from Avira and they still haven't changed it yet is the fact that it would always perform a quick scan every time there is a detection. This really slows down the system and there is no way to change the settings for it in the free version.

Thirio

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Avira has a really great detection rate, although whenever I used it i felt that the real-time detection kicked in too late. I think it needs an improved behavior blocker to become effective for real-time protection. But as a scanner I think it is excellent. I cleaned up many systems with Avira and whenever I used it first it did most of the heavy lifting, a few leftovers were picked up by Kaspersky, Avast, etc.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
I think the detections are really decent but one thing that made me change from Avira and they still haven't changed it yet is the fact that it would always perform a quick scan every time there is a detection. This really slows down the system and there is no way to change the settings for it in the free version.
It slows down a bit yes, but, on the other hand, it is more secure in my opinion.

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
one thing that made me change from Avira and they still haven't changed it yet is the fact that it would always perform a quick scan every time there is a detection. This really slows down the system and there is no way to change the settings for it in the free version.
can't you turn off the scan?

Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.