Site of promotion
https://campaigns.avira.com/en/bzd/antivirus/av_pro_trial_rlm?x-c-channel=partnerize&x-a-medium=1101l64948&x-clickref=1101l8hdwJJ3
Event
  1. Promotion
Instructions
Enter your email address to receive an activation code for 3 month of free Antivirus Pro.

No need to cancel & no credit card needed.

Get free licence
By continuing, you confirm that you have read and accepted the EULA, our Ts&Cs as well as our Privacy Policy.

BigWrench

Level 9
Verified
How to get Avira Antivirus Pro 2020 – 3 Months Giveaway
Avira Antivirus Pro 2020 is priced at $31.99 for a 1-year license key on 1 device. Everyone can grab the free 3-months subscription of Avira Antivirus Pro 2020 at no cost, please follow steps below:

Step 1. Go to the Avira Antivirus Pro 2020 GIVEAWAY PAGE
System requirements
You really don’t need much! Here are the essentials:
A PC running Windows 7 or higher (with Service Pack 1 and the latest updates)
2 GB of RAM, over 2 GB of hard disk space, and an internet connection

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
No activation activation code or license is given.
It is a pre activated installer
Ashampoo_Snap_2020.05.15_10h26m42s_001_.png
Ashampoo_Snap_2020.05.15_10h27m32s_002_.png

In tests, Avira scored in the top 10 in both performance and protection. This means that the fact they are giving 3 months free is amazing!

Program uses 110mb of ram on idle and uses 270mb extra while scanning every file in my system on the highest priority. Not bad for an antivirus, but certainly not super light either. I've seen other antiviruses that are lighter: Eset, Norton, Mcafee, etc for example. I would probably try Fsecure if they had their promotion still since that uses Avira's engine and signatures and apparently runs even lighter than Avira does for some reason.

Attachments

• 2qLanK.png
    2qLanK.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 196

Local Host

Level 23
Verified
Program uses 110mb of ram on idle and uses 270mb extra while scanning every file in my system on the highest priority. Not bad for an antivirus, but certainly not super light either. I've seen other antiviruses that are lighter: Eset, Norton, Mcafee, etc for example. I would probably try Fsecure if they had their promotion still since that uses Avira's engine and signatures and apparently runs even lighter than Avira does for some reason.
F-Secure uses 500~600MB on standby, however performance hit is low (RAM Consumption =/= Performance Hit).

F-Secure is a mix of multiple modules that fail to work properly together, Deepguard is somewhat good but F-Secure desinfection is so weak that makes it irrelevant.

You can get ESET instead (which is cheaper than F-Secure...) or even Kaspersky which you can get KEYs for extremely low price.

F-Secure uses 500~600MB on standby, however performance hit is low (RAM Consumption =/= Performance Hit).

F-Secure is a mix of multiple modules that fail to work properly together, Deepguard is somewhat good but F-Secure desinfection is so weak that makes it irrelevant.

You can get ESET instead (which is cheaper than F-Secure...) or even Kaspersky which you can get KEYs for extremely low price.
kaspersky has caused issues on my computer. It would make my keyboard stop working for some reason and it even caused my ethernet driver to malfunction at times. If kaspersky did not have any bugs for me, I would always use it as it performs the best in testing due to its great signatures and it is a light antivirus. Eset I also find it a good choice to use as well. I support Eset and have it on my parent's pcs.
K7 I heard tested in the top ten and also is considered one of the lightest as well. What is your opinion on K7 antivirus?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
kaspersky has caused issues on my computer. It would make my keyboard stop working for some reason and it even caused my ethernet driver to malfunction at times. If kaspersky did not have any bugs for me, I would always use it as it performs the best in testing due to its great signatures and it is a light antivirus. Eset I also find it a good choice to use as well. I support Eset and have it on my parent's pcs.
K7 I heard tested in the top ten and also is considered one of the lightest as well. What is your opinion on K7 antivirus?
I have been using KIS for many years and have never had any issues.Eset is good choice also,I use it on my family members PC's.
As for K7 I have never used it and I am a bit skeptical of the testing claims.It would be best to try it in a virtual environment first.

Local Host

Level 23
Verified
I've never seen such issues with Kaspersky on any computer, at max I've seen complains due to Internet speed.

As for K7 is based in India so their support is non-existent (unless you live in India), their signatures are nothing to write home about (their web protection that is good), overall system impact is even lower than ESET.

However K7 is extremely expensive and not worth the price, you can get way better suits for less than half the price.