Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Changelog 15.0.9.496 / 14.0.9.120 (Update 9)

• One Installer for Free and Pro product
  • On the fly upgrade and downgrade based on licenses used
Bugfixes:

• Server: "Unknown error <34244>" in on-demand scan log file using an expired license
  • Each update downloaded the rootkit.avp file
  • Detection and Error icons were missing on events screen of AV Control Center
  • Upload to cloud window has now a new look.
  • In some rare situations the AV-Guard crashed on startup
  • In some rare situations the AV-Systray module seems to have a memory leak
  • systemutilities.dll will no longer require a reboot while updating
  • Vendor information in "Program and Features" now shows the correct value.
  • Custom installlations will now be respected during the update process to update 9.
https://betacenter.avira.com

H

hjlbx

Avira ...

As a "tricked-out" basic scanner I like Avira...and I like the GUI but that's about it.

It does not protect system settings - like Windows firewall - and worse, it cannot even fully protect itself from shutdown.

Avira's protection model is an anachronism - a dinosaur.

H

hjlbx

I forgot to mention that AV Comparatives ranked Avira, BitDefender and Kaspersky as the three top-rated dynamic, real-world security solutions for 2014.

Avira obtained 6 Advanced+ awards, but very conspicuously did not participate in the year's singe Proactive challenge.

Do you really believe that Avira is the equivalent of BD and KIS in terms of overall protection, or Emsi and ESET for that matter?

Phoooeeee....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.