Advice Request Avira & Bitdefender disabled

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

truemax

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
Hi

Just installed 360 total security, would use Bitdefender Total Security but my PC is slow, I find 360 to use less resources than bitdefender.
So I checked settings and it says that both engines are disabled on real-time scan. Shouldn't they be enabled by default?

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hi

Just installed 360 total security, would use Bitdefender Total Security but my PC is slow, I find 360 to use less resources than bitdefender.
So I checked settings and it says that both engines are disabled on real-time scan. Shouldn't they be enabled by default?
By default it is set to 'Balanced' with just the Qihoo Cloud and Heuristics. It is sufficient but you could set it to 'Security' mode (it is a little heavy on resources on 'Security' mode).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
By default, they are disabled.

If you want to use either Avira or Bitdefender, enable them. You may notice some increase in resource usage (ie. CPU/RAM/Storage), but you can switch up with the Profiles.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Hi

Just switch to "Security" Preset and the offline engines Avira + Bitdefender will be downloaded and installed.
Make sure to tick "PUP protection" in Settings :)

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/securitymode3l1qhwt8gb.jpg

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
How did you get that custom GUI? Looks very nice.
It has been introduced by Qihoo in one of the latest versions of (Qihoo) 360 Total Security. Not sure whether it can be found at the Essentials version, too :) Just open the T-Shirt symbol to open up the "Designs" and choose the one on the top left :)

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
By default, they are disabled.

If you want to use either Avira or Bitdefender, enable them. You may notice some increase in resource usage (ie. CPU/RAM/Storage), but you can switch up with the Profiles.
I did that and didn't notice any performance impact by doing so, that is with an i7, 32GB memory and only SSD's.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
If you go on their home page, you can download the offline installer under the big free download button and if you do that you can have the 3 engines + bitdefender installed by default in real time, if i'm not mistaken.

DoxThis

Level 3
Verified
Apr 25, 2015
They are disabled by default to prevent slow pcs from getting worse. Its also disabled because adding Bitdefender and Avira increases your chance for false positives antivirus detections by tenfold in my experience

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
They are disabled by default to prevent slow pcs from getting worse. Its also disabled because adding Bitdefender and Avira increases your chance for false positives antivirus detections by tenfold in my experience
Only saw it throw one false positive with 100+ games installed besides my regular programs, that was fixed short after reporting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.