Battle Avira Browser Safety vs Bitdefender TrafficLight vs Avast Online Security

H

Herofday

Thread author
I tried all these extensions, they are very fast and I like their graphics. What's your opnion on these extensions? :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In terms of detection then likely its a same how a product provide protection through traditional methods.

Avira Browser Safety tends to be simple but strong on the detection side.
Meanwhile Bitdefender Trafficlight incorporates within optimum not only in web protection but also advertisement tracks.

Avast Online Security is also good but likely depends on the protection it can offer.

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I think both good Bitdefender Traffic Light and Avast Online Security, has not used the Avira Browser Safety! I'll see how it goes ... My vote was for TrafficLight because he has blocked posts on my facebook, I find it good! Thing Avast does not.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Depends on what you want to protect and the person who uses it.

Bitdefender TrafficLight might be fine, but it does little compared to using add-blocking lists and a proper DNS, neither will it prevent you from downloading mallware.
As example, it doesn't block places like the pirate bay.
I don't know about Avast Online Security and Avira Browser Safety, but when it comes to blocking websites I doubt that they can match Norton SafeConnect's DNS adresses 199.85.126.30 and 199.85.127.30 on the network interface and/or the routers wan interface when it comes to block sites that contain malicious and unwanted content.
Might be a bit to strict for some people since it blocks and keeps blocking without questioning the end user, plus that it requires protection of the clients DNS settings.

I voted Bitdefender TrafficLight cause of it's slick interface and little to none performance impact.

N

Noxx

Thread author
I use BitDefender TrafficLight, but honestly, I could live without it. Just watch what you click and have a decent AV/Firewall. AVAST Online Security (like everything AVAST) is just pure bloat and little substance. AVIRA Browser is a solid alternative to BDTL if you're not a BD fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Herofday
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Why toolbars?

What security software are you running? If it has url/phish protection then fine & if doesn't then you are fine with browser security. Nowadays AdBlockers too provide some url/phish protection. Guess you are running one.

If you want to use one then from the choices Avast is the least effective on url/phish, go with either Bd or Avira. Never tried Avira but have tried Bd a little & seemed good.

Is Bd light still in development & updated/upgraded?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
The problem with Bitdefender Traffic Light is that it was created for Internet Explorer and Google. Bitdefender added support for Bing later.

It is reliable only with Internet Explorer browser and Google and Bing search engines. Even then, it doesn't always work correctly.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Pls try to keep within topic and discuss one of the thee choices. If you do not want to list a reason simply use vote option. Thanks

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
In my opinion, i appreciate avira browser safety because it's light and for my daily usage it's perfect no slowing the internet otherwise avast slows my speed internet in google chrome, all the times i installed it! ( and free av slows a bit my pc too)

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I tried many including Avira Browser Safety but the best of best are only Bitdefender TrafficLight and Avast Online Security since there are alot of false positive within Avira Browser Safety ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.