App Review Avira Free Antivirus 2016 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
A

Alkajak

This review sucked!

Wait no, sorry, that was a false positive. Great review!

Sorry, had to poke fun at Avira's negatives this year.

Reactions: shukla44

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I personally tried Avira Free for quite sometime together with CFW. Pretty silent and good scanning. That's about it.
The only thing i don't really fancy is the uninstall of avira launcher. took me quite some time to get that one off.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
venustus...Good new review of Avira 2016, which feels the exact same as 2015 ;) A soild Antivirus overall.

The end question in the video, Avira is not enough as a stand alone malware protection. A decent firewall is needed to block unknown threats. I do recommend Avira free with Private Firewall, as this is my setup and its very light and a powerful combo.

davetenay

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2015
I don't fully agree with people saying Avira doesn't protect against zero-day malwares. From the tests here on malware hub it looks like Avira is one of the best at catching zero-day malware thanks to its cloud analysis. Much better than other products known to have some kind of extra protection like Avast, for example, which is costantly bypassed by cryptowares nowadays.

M

Mihir :-)

I don't fully agree with people saying Avira doesn't protect against zero-day malwares. From the tests here on malware hub it looks like Avira is one of the best at catching zero-day malware thanks to its cloud analysis. Much better than other products known to have some kind of extra protection like Avast, for example, which is costantly bypassed by cryptowares nowadays.
Avast! not always bypassed,their deepscreen technology and file-rep,Evo-Gen will blocks them.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I agree, testing it

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016

Do you mean Avira is weak on zero-day samples?
I was meaning that it is good at catching zero-day samples because it automatically uploads unknown files to the cloud

M

Mihir :-)

Is the Avira free do the same thing?(Cloud update)@The MalwareMaster.What about it Web Privatisation?(Free)Without Avira Browser Protection?

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.