Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 43
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
I've been looking for this test for a while
I installed avira on my gf's laptop for a week and it was extremely buggy: unacceptable memory usage (1.3Gb memory = 99% physical ram usage and 100% pagefile usage) after playing The Sims 4, her laptop was super laggy even after 1 hour of doing nothing -> immediately switched to avast and it was stable then

IMO, avira is only good for a weak, old, mostly offline or deepfreeze-d users (internet cafe) because of it's great offline signature detection. avira is very light on an uninfected system but it becomes heavy after some malware attacks

safe1st

Level 16
I've been looking for this test for a while
I installed avira on my gf's laptop for a week and it was extremely buggy: unacceptable memory usage (1.3Gb memory = 99% physical ram usage and 100% pagefile usage) after playing The Sims 4, her laptop was super laggy even after 1 hour of doing nothing -> immediately switched to avast and it was stable then

IMO, avira is only good for a weak, old, mostly offline or deepfreeze-d users (internet cafe) because of it's great offline signature detection. avira is very light on an uninfected system but it becomes heavy after some malware attacks
Yes because always scanning thing after found a virus
'System is being scanned'
Well hopefully they do something in next version...

Status
Not open for further replies.