App Review Avira Free Antivirus Prevention and Detection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I've been looking for this test for a while
I installed avira on my gf's laptop for a week and it was extremely buggy: unacceptable memory usage (1.3Gb memory = 99% physical ram usage and 100% pagefile usage) after playing The Sims 4, her laptop was super laggy even after 1 hour of doing nothing -> immediately switched to avast and it was stable then

IMO, avira is only good for a weak, old, mostly offline or deepfreeze-d users (internet cafe) because of it's great offline signature detection. avira is very light on an uninfected system but it becomes heavy after some malware attacks

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
I've been looking for this test for a while
I installed avira on my gf's laptop for a week and it was extremely buggy: unacceptable memory usage (1.3Gb memory = 99% physical ram usage and 100% pagefile usage) after playing The Sims 4, her laptop was super laggy even after 1 hour of doing nothing -> immediately switched to avast and it was stable then

IMO, avira is only good for a weak, old, mostly offline or deepfreeze-d users (internet cafe) because of it's great offline signature detection. avira is very light on an uninfected system but it becomes heavy after some malware attacks

Yes because always scanning thing after found a virus
'System is being scanned'
Well hopefully they do something in next version...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.