Avira Free Antivirus 2020 vs Bitdefender Free Edition 2020
In-depth Comparison

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Both are heavy on resources, avira is shady, bitdefender is a buggy mess that has a hard time dealing with detected malware, get Kaspersky Security Cloud Free.
They are going to have a hard time shaking this image. Despite having very few bugs in the newest release and generally a low system impact this is still the most common opinion.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Out of both options I'd go with Bitdefender. Bitdefender is a nice set and forget type solution which I appreciate. I would continue to test Bitdefender for another week and see how it goes. If at that point it's still slowing down your system, I would try out Kaspersky Security Cloud Free as others have mentioned.
I would agree, since you already have it installed give it a couple more days and see. If you are unsatisfied then it may be time to try something else. Not every software works well on every machine.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
As long as you don't use any "special settings " like application control.
I recommend KSC free .
Reasons
1.one of the fastest reputation Wich is key home for home usage
2.Higher percentage of usage around people who run Shady programs (lower false positives around uncommon programs ) .

only negative is all the manual labor to get a nag free experience and remove the preinstalled bloat modules.

Last edited:

HunterKhajiit

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
As long as you don't use any "special settings " like application control.
I recommend KSC free .
Reasons
1.one of the fastest reputation Wich is key home for home usage
2.Higher percentage of usage around people who run Shady programs (lower false positives around uncommon programs ) .

only negative is all the manual labor to get a nag free experience and remove the preinstalled bloat modules.
As long as you don't use any "special settings " like application control. well not available in free version

Reactions: [correlate]

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.