Avira Free Security Suite (2017) - PCMag Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

Level 1
Verified
Jul 22, 2016
I also don't know much about Avira free, but I have been using the Pro version on two fast machines and the performance is outstanding. Very light indeed using Win 10 CU (confirmed by AV Comparatives performance test), top detection rate even without an internet connection. I'm still scratching my head when people say Avira is bloated and full of junk... Avira Pro is only an anti-virus, Avira Connect is just another UI which allows the user to choose other programs if he/she wishes to do so, nothing is forced onto you. One can even access the main GUI bypassing Connect altogether...

Reactions: Xsjx and novocaine

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I also don't know much about Avira free, but I have been using the Pro version on two fast machines and the performance is outstanding. Very light indeed using Windows 10 CU (confirmed by AV Comparatives performance test), top detection rate even without an internet connection. I'm still scratching my head when people say Avira is bloated and full of junk... Avira Pro is only an anti-virus, Avira Connect is just another UI which allows the user to choose other programs if he/she wishes to do so, nothing is forced onto you. One can even access the main GUI bypassing Connect altogether...
Yes...but the thread is about Avira free when i am talking about junk and bloatware :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.