Battle Avira Free with Comodo Firewall and Defense+ VS CIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

CIS for the same reasons that the other threads. (light, secured, etc...); Avira lost his superiority with the 2010 version, i dont know for the new one, so i stick with CIS.

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
The Comodo AV seems to slow down things on my machine and the programs are opening slower than usual.(i know,it checks them on cloud).So,i installed Avira IS without the FW and CIS without AV.Light as a feather on my 4GB RAM,2.00 GHz processor Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x32 laptop.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
JoeBlack40 said:
The Comodo AV seems to slow down things on my machine and the programs are opening slower than usual.(i know,it checks them on cloud).So,i installed Avira IS without the FW and CIS without AV.Light as a feather on my 4GB RAM,2.00 GHz processor Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x32 laptop.

Nice to hear you're having no problems with your current set-up. But like the others I agree CIS is way better... Avira like AVG has gone down the pan in my opinion, only good ones I think are Comodo, ESET, Avast, Kaspserky... of course their are a few more that are okay but they are the core ones I think that will always be at the top of their game.

The latest AV update in 5.8 CIS has been much improved and this is only just the start of things to come now they got new lead/expert on board (name eludes me.. lol)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Avira 2010 made some problems especially the detection rates that made a decrease, so for 2012 surely it made some improvements.

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
Try Norton IS?

I see it not in the list of your liked ones, i think you will like it :p

It is light fast and secure. Let me know if you try and like it :).

But if i had to choose from them.. Comodo would be my choice.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I prefer Avira with Comodo Firewall with not completely included Defence +. Partially I shut of Defence because I use another software with HIPS. When once I turned Defence my computer working slower. It was very bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.