Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Homepage: Avira Home Guard IoT security | Avira Home Guard
Get app: Avira Home Guard - Apps on Google Play

The Avira Home Guard app provides the following capabilities to users:
  • Scanning the home network - automatically discovers the connected network, and then identifies everything on it. This list includes smart devices, Wi-Fi routers, smart TVs, as well as other computers or smartphones in the house.
  • Uncovering vulnerabilities - scans the router for known vulnerabilities such as open ports. Once identified, Home Guard informs and advises the user to immediately close the unwanted ports on the router.
  • Remembering all devices - it remembers all devices that have been connected to the network in the past and automatically looks for new devices.

Avira account is not required.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Argh, installing this was the worst idea I've ever had. I first had to go through at least 4 other Avira product ads (CLICK ME, INSTALL NOW!) and now I have this horrible Avira GUI that can install the whole antivirus suite with one clic. Plus, it created tw2o autoruns to boot with the system.

I even have now two processes running in the background with this app closed (avira and avira_service)...

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Recently tried this on Android, how accurate are the results?

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Recently tried this on Android, how accurate are the results?
You don't need any AV on Android.
Also none AV can protect you, because they doesn't have necessary permissions - which itself would a security problem too.

Just care about your system itself, installed apps and permissions.
For maximum security use Pixel phone with GrapheneOS or switch to iPhone

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You don't need any AV on Android.
Also none AV can protect you, because they doesn't have necessary permissions - which itself would a security problem too.

Just care about your system itself, installed apps and permissions.
For maximum security use Pixel phone with GrapheneOS or switch to iPhone
It's not an Antivirus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.