Avira New beta build: 14.0.6.552 (Update 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
New fixes and changes in build 14.0.6.552 (Update 6)
Bugfixes of the latest build:

• Internal WebGuard improvement
  • Avira Launcher for all Avira Free Antivirus installations.
With this update all Avira Free Antivirus beta installations will get an update windows where you can install the Avira Launcher with the new mini-gui and the possibility to install additional Avira services like Avira Browser Safety.

https://betacenter.avira.com

Y

yigido

This version seems in stable release channel now. Can you confirm please?

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
This version seems in stable release channel now. Can you confirm please?
Current Versions online:
Version 2014 beta (de/en): 14.0.6.552
Version 2014 live (de/en): 14.0.5.464
Version 2014 beta (localised): 14.0.6.552
Version 2014 live (localised): 14.0.5.464

Reactions: yigido

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
is Avira Cloud Protection working in the Free version, I still didn't see it and I am testing Avira for more then 6 weeks ....

Y

yigido

is Avira Cloud Protection working in the Free version, I still didn't see it and I am testing Avira for more then 6 weeks ....
EreQkwl.png

It look integrated to Free Antivirus product but I don't see any alert from this feature like you

Circe

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 3, 2013
I've never seen APC in action, has anyone seen APC in action? If you have, can you post a link for the video please?
I would use Avira free Antivirus if they could get APC to work in their free version.
I'm very disappointed with Avira.
EreQkwl.png

It look integrated to Free Antivirus product but I don't see any alert from this feature like you

Y

yigido

I've never seen APC in action, has anyone seen APC in action? If you have, can you post a link for the video please?
I would use Avira free Antivirus if they could get APC to work in their free version.
I'm very disappointed with Avira.

Just found it on Youtube.

A cloud detection
OWa9A6U.png

Reactions: Circe

Circe

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 3, 2013

A cloud detection
OWa9A6U.png

A cloud detection
OWa9A6U.png

Thank you for the video but APC still doesn't look very promising does it? I believe it works like a charm in the Avira paid products. Hopefully (fingers crossed) Avira can get a APC to work flawlessly in their free product ASAP.

Reactions: yigido

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
So, how efficient is the ACP ? The "cloud" name in the detection is the first time I see it (I've been waiting for that in a long time). Also where is that in the reviews done by the MT members ?

G

Guest28

When tested avira my self i have never seen an upload or cloud detection as well. Is Avira giving it's users a false sense of security? The could does work in the paid version but not the free. They have some explaining to do.

Reactions: Circe

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I will make a post about that soon, I notice in some stuff that people must know (in other AV too).

Reactions: yigido and Circe
Y

yigido

In order to ensure that our customers are using the best protection available, we integrated the Avira Protection Cloud in all our premium products (consumer and business) .

Avira takes now the next step and offers the best protection available to all its users: real-time scanning of programs with the Avira Protection Cloud.

We are proud to announce the integration of the Avira Protection Cloud in the Free Antivirus product.
source

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

Avira pay version ofers to install toolbars?

How is Avira detection comparable with Kaspersky?

Y

yigido

Hi!

Avira pay version ofers to install toolbars?

How is Avira detection comparable with Kaspersky?
Avira does not offer toolbars anymore in 2014 versions.
And detection rates of Avira Free are decent maybe similar with Kaspersky. Lately, I got cloud detections from Avira Free. Generic signatures also works great and these are give more detections.

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
They removed toolbar from their installers

And now they have Online Essentials, which installs itself without user interaction or possible intervention during the installation process of the free version. It can only be uninstalled after the fact and is much more intrusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.