[Avira Protection Cloud] Can someone confirm this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Our APC (Avira Protection Cloud) already offers protection agains zero day malware on a very high level. As long as the cloud functionality is enabled in your product, which it is by default, any file that can harm your PC is checked by the cloud. So even if that file is not yet in our VDF (virus definition files) you are protected.

Can someone confirm this ? I didn't see it but maybe some of you guys did.

Reactions: yigido

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The way I remember APC, during the Beta phase was it scanned critical areas of your system and uploaded anything suspicious.

q3iEcsQ.png

APC now in Avira Free (March 2014): http://techblog.avira.com/2014/03/06/avira-protection-cloud-free-antivirus/en/

While activating the Protection Cloud the Avira application on your PC will send a digital fingerprint of an executable suspicious file (*.exe or *.dll) found on the PC direct to the Avira Protection Cloud. There, the fingerprint will be analyzed and an information status as clean or malware will be send back to the Avira application on the PC. If the file is classified as malware, the Avira application removes the threat.

The file exchange between the user’s PC and the Protection Cloud is always encrypted and data is only used for malware analysis. Sharing this data with third parties is prohibited.
http://www.avira.com/en/support-for-business-knowledgebase-detail/kbid/1391

upload_2014-8-23_16-36-37.png

http://www.avira.com/en/avira-protection-cloud

Reactions: Petrovic

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
scanned critical areas of your system and uploaded anything suspicious. <== This is what I wanted to know, thank you.

Reactions: yigido
Y

yigido

scanned critical areas of your system and uploaded anything suspicious. <== This is what I wanted to know, thank you.
You can select what it can upload. You can select what will upload to their servers.
Just click this option.
CC3ODEc.png

Reactions: MalwareT
Y

yigido

Today, I can confirm this feature is available and working in Free version :)
Hee is the screenshot (in Turkish) It said "Avira Protection Cloud prefers to analyze this application, do you want to upload it?" I said upload.
nGA1NR.png

AYLjZB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lordpake
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.