User Artwork Avira theme design

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I don't see the point of launchers. I understand their purpose in games but I don't understand their purpose in antivirus programs. They should remove launcher like Avast did it (or they will do it) in AVG. Avast team said that they will remove AVG launcher in future versions because it's useless.

Parsh

Level 24
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Hey, a nice concept for the main screen, appears somewhat refreshing for the first time (essence of Avira's protection) :)
The hinting of content is fine, but the readability can be greatly improved by resizing and modifying geometries a bit.
This feels like Avira totally, not much insights or configurations on the main screen, that many prefer.

I don't see the point of launchers. I understand their purpose in games but I don't understand their purpose in antivirus programs. They should remove launcher like Avast did it (or they will do it) in AVG. Avast team said that they will remove AVG launcher in future versions because it's useless
Absolutely they should, and they know it!
But they want business. They are, by providing such a launcher, offering a package of protection for you.
For some, it might be an irritation and nagging. But for some (even though this group is very small, its better than none), it really feels like a package that they might want to stick to.
And by doing this, they can turn a small chunk of their free customers into partial premium users when someone chooses to upgrade a single package too.
This sticky group might increase, while they are also losing some only-AV module users. Its like variables of green and red tickers they're playing with!

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Nice UI, simple and clear, without unnecessary frills.

About the launcher, I'm a user that has no interest in anything else that is offered regardless of the free antivirus, but some vendors, like Avira, want to make you aware about other existing products putting their free antivirus behind a launcher that advertises this products, Ok but not so good IMO.

OS
Elementary OS
Antivirus
Qihoo 360
I would agree, launched in AV's are pretty.. uneeded.

Just launch the program and give me the options thats all i want.

Back on topic... It does look VERY clean.