Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
A popular Anti-virus software Avira that provides free security software to its customers with Secure Backup service is vulnerable to a critical web application vulnerability that could allow an attacker to take over users’ account, putting millions of its users’ account at risk.

Avira is very popular for their free security software that comes with its own real-time protection module against malware and a secure backup service. Avira was considered to be the sixth largest antivirus vendor in 2012 with over 100 million customers worldwide.

A 16 year-old vulnerability hunter ‘Mazen Gamal’ from Egypt told The Hacker News that Avira Website is vulnerable to CSRF (Cross-site request forgery) vulnerability that allows him to hijack users’ accounts and access to their online secure cloud backup files.

Full Article

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
There are some years I've been a great admirer of Avira Free Antivirus .. until that moment .. when virus came in my PC, Avira was annihilated by this virus, Avira could not start because virus destroyed some files in its folder.

Now, I do not have any heavy Antivirus, which would make me feel a false sense of security.
My best computer security is my brain, in Real-Time relationships mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: yigido
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.