Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I opened Glarysoft website to download their startup manager. I found their own software updater released recently. I was excited to give it a try. Clicking on download, I got this:

1P4jS.png

What are your thoughts about this file? Is it really malicious?
This file is clean as it was analyzed by Avira.

D

Deleted member 178

upload the installer in Virus total (http://www.virustotal.com/) and check the results.
i remember before a malware was packed within glary utilities, so it may be a false positive in your case.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
If we take a look at Avira's past, is quite posible that detection is FP or who knows, it might be a new virus !

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Your screenshot shows that the website was blocked, as it has been categorised as malware.

I downloaded the file from the URL provided and here is the VirusTotal Report.

Edit: I didn't see the link earlier. My bad.

Note: The AV engine did not detect the installer as malware. It's a false positive by the Web Protection.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
You can report a false positive here

Just change file type to "Suspected False Positive (Not Malware)"

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
No problem, i wonder how long it takes for them to analyse it and mark it as safe

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Result was sent to be my e-mail. It is Clean: http://analysis.avira.com/samples/details.php?uniqueid=dqn6yf5rQfzF0gGBLPVQGk23c3IxbyAK&incidentid=857212

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can try visiting the website, after you update Avira. Simples.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You can go to Avira Forum related to the incident of FP through Web Protection and may take the action immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.