Avira Web Protection Slows my internet connection, what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
These days I have noticed that the internet connection is slow. I tried to disable Avira Web Protection and then everything came back to normal.

Do you recommend me to remove the web protection by configuring the product or to keep it? I already use WOT.

D

Deleted member 178

wot is just an advice, it block nothing, web protection is really a protection, so you should configure it..

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
wot is just an advice, it block nothing, web protection is really a protection, so you should configure it..

In which way I will make it not to affect the internet speed?

D

Deleted member 178

i didnt use it so you must try each combination, btw it is normal to feel a slowdown, the shield is doing its job, you feel a real slowdown?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
you feel a real slowdown?

Many times I load a page it takes a lot of time and many times it gives the error "Problem loading page". It annoys me a lot!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
How does WebGuard impact my Internet download speed?

WebGuard acts like a HTTP proxy and needs to cache some data in order to scan it. After scanning, it delivers data to the browser at full speed.

WebGuard is very fast, so the scanning itself will take very little time.

As a result, you will have almost the same download speed, but it may seem slower because the data comes to the browser with a delay. For the same reason a lot of speed-test sites/programs will turn out to be inaccurate.

Link

There is also a link in Avira Forum but not sure if I can recommended it.

Link 2

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I was forced to remove the web protection by modifying the installation of components. Everything came back to normal.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Buggy software then, some kind of conflict was happening... maybe try it when new version is released to see if issues you had are resolved or take time to file bug report on their forums in order to aid them?? ;

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
if you remove the webprotection you are not fully protected either remove avira or create a topic on there forums so that they can help you because the webguard is the strength of avira:)

D

Deleted member 178

House_maniac said:
if you remove the webprotection you are not fully protected either remove avira or create a topic on there forums so that they can help you because the webguard is the strength of avira:)

+1

Luke[Dumke480]

Oct 28, 2011
Try avast websafe.. Or even norton.. :|

Avast i can vouch for.. As i'm currently capped/shaped and i'm getting around 0.03kbps download, i'm still recieving blocked warnings, and scanning of pages is almost instant.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Luke[Dumke480] said:
Try avast websafe.. Or even norton.. :|

Avast i can vouch for.. As i'm currently capped/shaped and i'm getting around 0.03kbps download, i'm still recieving blocked warnings, and scanning of pages is almost instant.

You have seriously got to be mistaken, you relies at 0.03kbps, it would take more than an hour to load a single page, let alone use chat or anything like.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
I was forced to remove the web protection by modifying the installation of components. Everything came back to normal.

For Guard Protection it could do well however Webguard will help a lot since blocked the viruses from sites immediately would not led some effects to the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.