Avira's website hacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaptainBug

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
I am trying to launch avira.com but it redirects to some other page, and WOT and Norton DNS flags it as malware. A member at wilder security forums also experience the same. So what's happening with avira ?
YkvCcCq.jpg

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
This is a common problem when using secure DNS services, they all have high false positives.
The main reason that I will not use them, in the past just about all of them flagged by own website as infected when it is perfectly clean and don't even host any files on my site and the codes used are from Jcink (a trusted free forum software based on Invision Power Board).

My recommendation is do NOT use secure DNS services, most of them have privacy risks.

Enjoy!! :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Norton: Ah, visiting Avira I see. (Could be planning to remove our Norton product. I should stop this!!). Blocked. LOL :D

Reactions: XhenEd and Dima007

KaptainBug

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Yeah, it was Norton DNS causing the problem. Removed it and its working fine now.

Reactions: Ink

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
no not hacked its true

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.