Not open for further replies.

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Visit the Kaspersky Lab’s facebook page and get Award Winning Kaspersky Security Scan for FREE.

Please note we do not offer support for beta versions or previews of new operating systems – for example, Windows 8.1 Preview. Only final, official releases of operating systems will be supported.
Expires April 30, 2014

volem0.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Kaspersky/app_601466423275043

14ujpc9.jpg

Dima007

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
Promotion act. I personally prefer the Norton power eraser. Thanks anyway;)

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
It may not remove malware but at least it informs you that malware may exist on your system.It can be removed manually.

Reactions: sunil22

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Facebook promotion for their free software. Also available at this link, http://free.kaspersky.com

I posted some screenshots of this software ages ago, but cannot find out where. o_O

Y

yigido

It is a trick for tricking people. You scan with it and it shows you some infection and "Fix it" button. When you click, it opens the browser and says "Please BUY KAspersky Antivirus or İS software $$$$"

This is why I do not like KAsp... Milion $ company tricking ppl..what a pity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It is a trick for tricking people. You scan with it and it shows you some infection and "Fix it" button. When you click, it opens the browser and says "Please BUY KAspersky Antivirus or İS software $$$$"

This is why I do not like KAsp... Milion $ company tricking ppl..what a pity.

BitDefender also has a free scanner that does the same but flags a bunch of false positives to try to make the user think they have several infections and need to buy to remove them.

These free scanners are just scams to get you to buy.

What is sad it there are all kinds of free removal tools available to those who really need them.
Avoid free scanners as an alternative use free online scanners like Microsoft Safety Scanner, ESET Online Scanner, Symantec Security Check or F-Secure Online Virus Scanner.

There are also many free removal tools- Panda Cloud Cleaner, Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, McAfee Stinger, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, Dr.Web CureIt!, Sophos Virus Removal Tool, F-Secure Easy Clean, Trend Micro Housecall, Norman Malware Cleaner, Avira PC Cleaner, Malwarebytes and EMCO Malware Destroyer.

Most security software vendors also offer specialized removal tools for certain infections.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: Malware1 and yigido
Y

yigido

BitDefender also has a free scanner that does the same but flags a bunch of false positives to try to make the user think they have several infections and need to buy to remove them.

These free scanners are just scams to get you to buy.

What is sad it there are all kinds of free removal tools available to those who really need them.
Avoid free scanners as an alternative use free online scanners like Microsoft Safety Scanner, ESET Online Scanner, Symantec Security Check or F-Secure Online Virus Scanner.

There are also many free removal tools- Panda Cloud Cleaner, Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, McAfee Stinger, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, Dr.Web CureIt!, Sophos Virus Removal Tool, F-Secure Easy Clean, Trend Micro Housecall, Norman Malware Cleaner, Avira PC Cleaner, Malwarebytes and EMCO Malware Destroyer.

Most security software vendors also offer specialized removal tools for certain infections.

Enjoy!! :D
Yes. I saw this sentence somewhere
"You didn’t pay to get infected, you shouldn’t pay to clean it up!" I think it is from Malwarebytes.

Reactions: Malware1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.