Backtrack Linux 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
Any user have used Backtrack Linux 5.0 that was released in august by any chance? If so, what are your thoughts about this distro?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I've used this at TAFE, and found really cool to use. For what we were doing at TAFE which was hacking the teacher said use this and see if you can get into our wireless and what not. So we did and most of us got in and the password they used was the pretty complexed.

P

Plexx

Thread author
Downloading now to test out though with my 1mb connection, it will take a bit....

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
biozfear said:
Downloading now to test out though with my 1mb connection, it will take a bit....

I will download it and try :)

It seems to be a specilized OS for a certain purpose, hacking. I like it's design.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Valentin N said:
It seems to be a specilized OS for a certain purpose, hacking. I like it's design.

I love it. It works really well. I do recommend trying it. :)

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
McLovin said:

You made me interested to try it... But the new virus called Mathematics is preventing me from doing that. :( At the beginning I thought it is an OS with no GUI, only a command line interface (also its name makes me think the same). :D

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
McLovin said:

You made me interested to try it... But the new virus called Mathematics is preventing me from doing that. :( At the beginning I thought it is an OS with no GUI, only a command line interface (also its name makes me think the same). :D

you are infected?

P

Plexx

Thread author
Backtrack 5 is based on both Gnome and KDE.

Unfortunately I downloaded the VMware file which is based on Gnome only... I will have to redownload it so I can burn a Live Disk.

sure took me awhile to remember some commands. Got too used to Ubuntu ehehe. Good old days of Slackware are rusty.

In case you are prompted to login via command line, use root pass toor then startx.

Heres the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.