App Review [Battle] Episode 5 : Avast vs Avira vs AVG vs Qihoo 360 TS (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
AWESOME TEST!!!! There is much effort needed for these kind of tests.
Once more Avast and Qihoo dominates the ''free AV'' area.
I am glad to see that 360 Total Security has improvements....

Keep on Rockin my friend ;)

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
on Herdprotect avira detect ng[1].exe an fail on resident...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: marg

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I am not sure what your saying.:confused: Do you mean herdprotect & Avira are incompatible.:confused::confused::confused:

upload_2014-8-10_21-10-18.png

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Thank you for the reply.! I am not sure what that means. Can a Tech Guru please step in & interpret this for everyone.?:confused::confused:

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Great review.

Though you have made my job more tough to choose between Avast and 360 TS :p

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Great review.

Though you have made my job more tough to choose between Avast and 360 TS :p
Qihoo has many fps my friend. Let it become more mature and we ll see jow it goes. For the moment, I recommend Avast with hardened mode on if you want extra protection.

Reactions: Manzai and marg

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Qihoo has many fps my friend. Let it become more mature and we ll see jow it goes. For the moment, I recommend Avast with hardened mode on if you want extra protection.
I am not getting a lot of FP's from Quihoo. I think I only got two. You can always check them out with virus total & return them from quarantine. Avast is a good choice as well.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.