App Review [Battle] Episode 5 : Avast vs Avira vs AVG vs Qihoo 360 TS (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Qihoo has many fps my friend. Let it become more mature and we ll see jow it goes. For the moment, I recommend Avast with hardened mode on if you want extra protection.

Are you saying hardended mode does not gives false positive? Your both statements are contradictory. If you set hardened mode then you are bound to get false positive. And you are not considering 360 TS for it's false positive.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Yeah, people don't like Panda Cloud. It is one of my favorite ...but people don't see it that way.

Reactions: Manzai

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Are you saying hardended mode does not gives false positive? Your both statements are contradictory. If you set hardened mode then you are bound to get false positive. And you are not considering 360 TS for it's false positive.
You do not catch my point, probably or I did not descibe it well enough :)
with default settings (both programs) qihoo has more false positives than Avast. Thats for sure.
With hardened mode (moderate) enabled, I dont have come through any fp with the latest version of the program. With qihoo at defaults, I still encountered 2 fps the first day. But that may be a case and not a general rule. The reason I talked about hardened mode was to point out that it can offer good protection, the same or maybe better than qihoo.
Yes, I am a bit disturbed by the small delay Avast causes to Chrome launch time (whats good is that with the future experimental 64bit version things are ok), but Avast remains less buggy and more robust overall. Qihoo needs to get more mature. After a reboot, a message appeared saying 360 has crashed etc... This caused a very very very bad impression to me.

Last edited:

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Is it me or is Panda Cloud Free almost always overlooked when free AV is tested?

/W
At first I found it very good but detection was not the same everytime, using the same malware. Also sometimes it was turned off two times after booting up the computer without having turned of before or having anything installed that could conflict.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
It is a cloud product people don't understand that. They must understand how it works first and then It will see how good it is. The same story is with AVG, good product people say it is bad ...

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
It is a cloud product people don't understand that. They must understand how it works first and then It will see how good it is. The same story is with AVG, good product people say it is bad ...
It is a cloud product but that doesnt mean that it can have a non stable detection ability. Ome time it detected almost all undetected malware I threw at it, the other one, it was like dead sitting there and detecting a few malware with a big delay.
That, both on a real system and on vm!

Reactions: Manzai

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.