App Review [Battle Test] Final Battle Antivirus vs Ransomware (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Congratulations to the winners.........YOU RULE!!!
As for you manzai.......i am speechless........it's the first time i see an antivirus tester doing so much to keep us informed and show the raw truth.

My personal opinion about the winner is that Qihoo 360 detected and killed the sample immediately comparing to other competitors who needed time to analyze and finally kill the beast.And the most important is that 360 Detected the file even without Bitdefender & Avira engine enabled.....
But these are all details.......the result is what it counts the most ;)

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
WOOOOOW

Nice video editing Manzai.. I liked the whole concept.

I do not care

1. Whether the Antivirus has stolen others engine
2. Which platform/ technology the antivirus is using
3. How big the company is

as long as it's giving me full protection. Never seem tiranium failing tests. Very good work tiranium team. Congrats @Dubseven

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
WOOOOOW

Nice video editing Manzai.. I liked the whole concept.

I do not care

1. Whether the Antivirus has stolen others engine
2. Which platform/ technology the antivirus is using
3. How big the company is

as long as it's giving me full protection. Never seem tiranium failing tests. Very good work tiranium team. Congrats @Dubseven
I'm not tiranum user and probably won't be but I sure agree with you on this one.

conTROLLeur

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 18, 2014
I liked this championship but what about ESET ? I can't see it in the 4th round if he's eliminated or not (I think he is..)

upload_2014-10-5_9-9-22.png

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
WOOOOOW ! Great , great job. thank you very much Manzai
What a battle. As a user of Qihoo I am more than happy. Here in Spain , even look at you funny for using Chinese antivirus .
What surprises me most is that they have 4 finalist and three of them are free . The difference of Comodo IS and payment service is , I understand , is not it ?.
Thanks for your work . The truth is that between you and Malware test we 're spoiling much .

Greetings to all and I wish you a good day

Translated by Google Translator , I apologize if there is a bad translation.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I don't understand french, but i think you use this settings:

Norton: Max settings.
BitDefender: Medium settings.
Emsisoft: Medium settings.
Qihoo: Medium settings (in this case i think it's good decision).
Trend micro: Medium++ settings.
Comodo: default? settings.
Tiranium ¿?.

Why using different configurations that can benefit a product or another?

PD: Good job, though I think it has not followed the correct methodology to obtain clear results in this test (besides what the commented settings)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.