App Review [Battle Test] Qihoo 360 Internet Security VS Avast Free 2015 RC3 (Manzaitest

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author

Qihoo: All malware has been detected. 1 file remaining in the pack but will not work.

Avast: Miss 1 malicious URL. The system is infected (Avast blocks malicious connections). On the pack, Avast miss 5 files. 3 are blocked at launch but no reaction by Hardened Mode (Moderate).

@MikeV requests

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
I knew that Avast would let malware into System32 and other important Windows folders

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Manzai

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Manzai as always you did a very nice and informative review and thank you for showing us how the new version of Avast is doing;):).
nsm0220 i know that you are referring to GDATA and i agree with you ;):).

Reactions: Manzai
G

Guest28

Thread author
Deepscreen once again is a disappointment, Not sure why i keep going back to avast with their broken promises....

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.