App Review [Battle Test] Qihoo 360 Total Security vs ESET Smart Security (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author

Qihoo: Very good detection, but one Trojan infects the system.
NPE detects 2 trojans, the archive file in memory and dropper .

ESET: Very good detection like Qihoo.
1 trojan comes into memory. But it's inactive (I suspect Eset's Firewall block the connection).
NPE detects only 2 keys at startup, not dangerous.

@MikeV requests

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
1. The banner says 360 Internet security, not Total
2. Qihoo settings are almost default(plus no engines enabled) while Eset is modified.

However i enjoyed the test but i cannot consider Eset the clear winner.
Keep on rockin my friend ;)

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013

Qihoo: Very good detection, but one Trojan infects the system.
NPE detects 2 trojans, the archive file in memory and dropper .

ESET: Very good detection like Qihoo.
1 trojan comes into memory. But it's inactive (I suspect Eset's Firewall block the connection).
NPE detects only 2 keys at startup, not dangerous.

@MikeV requests

@Manzai Great review! Thanks both are my favorite AV's and my current favorite is no doubt ESET Smart Security;)

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
I think, people should try AV their options and compare which one is better for their use (Therefore companies Antivirus gives the trial period). and everyone has a different view. Your review is very helpful for those who are choosing between Qihoo 360 Total Security and ESET Smart Security.
btw nice review, good job! brother. :)
I'll tell Manzai to see this review, Ups Manzai who making this review :D Peace :)

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I use ESET SS V8 with firewall set to Interactive Mode, and "IDS and advanced options" edited as well. I have HIPS set to "Smart mode", added some basic rules to it as well, and I'm impressed how good it performs. Having control over which windows services ESET allows to access the internet gives you a lot of power. Little things I find hard to do with other AV solutions, that's why the best AV is the one who best adapts to your needs.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
Great review!
Between a chinese software, who just use the work of other AV companies and it's selling your privacy for money, i prefer something original like ESET.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Bitdefender and Avira engines - only will increase FP and load of system

NOT with internet security version. I use it for long time WITH bitdefender enabled and never had not even a single false detection....
False positives in Total Security comes from Avira engine in my opinion (The same problem happens with Baidu if Avira is enabled)

Reactions: Kent

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
How can this test be fare Qihoo 360, Windows Firewall & Eset Internet Security.What am i missing?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
i believe all of you are missing the point which is that both products did very good in protecting the system so whatever any of us choose won't go wrong;):D.
Manzai as always great review and i enjoyed watching it.Keep up the fine work you are doing :)

Reactions: Manzai

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.