Motherboard: Dell Inc. 018D1Y (CPU 1)
Graphics: ATI (AMD) Raedon HD 1GB
Hard Drive : 1TB Seagate Hard Drive
Sound Card: ATI High Definition Audio Device
Monitor: 21-inch Dell Monitor at the resolution of 1920x1080p

Well, that's my specifications. I wonder what you think of it:idea:

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Not bad at all you can easily get along fine in life with that, What about your display, how big is your monitor?

V

Vextor

MrXidus said:
Not bad at all you can easily get along fine in life with that, What about your display, how big is your monitor?
Updated to include monitor[hr]
McLovin said:
Plus how long have you had this compute?
I have this for about 6 months :D

McLovin

Level 73
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
That is pretty. I like how big the monitor is. Nice resolution. Having it for 6 months is very good, practically brand new.

Nice Specs :D

Valentin N

it's good when it was bought.

You don't have ddr3; ddr3 begins at 800MHz and goes up. with that said you have ddr2 or just ddr (both ddr and ddr2 have 400MHz). What graphiccard do you have (many AMD/ATI have 1GB ram and which kind of ddr). try to see what ram your motherboard allows and if I am not to wrong you have ddr2 which means that your motherboards supports 800MHz (you will feel a difference if you have ddr2 800MHz instead of 400MHz).

Do you know the buffercache of your hhd? if you don't then I suggest a WD that has 64MB cache; the higher the cache is the better it will perform.

if this is a old computer (3 years or more) I suggest you buy the new AMD Llano(APU=gpu+cpu in on chip) or Bulldozer(only cpu at the moment) that will come; cheap and energy sufficient.

My best tip for your next desktop is a self built one; cheaper and you get what you want. bring them to someone who does such thing and you have made a good business.

If you want cheap computer AMD and ATI are good alternatives.

Regards,
Valentin N

V

Vextor

Valentin N said:

You don't have ddr3; ddr3 begins at 800MHz and goes up. with that said you have ddr2 or just ddr (both ddr and ddr2 have 400MHz). What graphiccard do you have (many AMD/ATI have 1GB ram and which kind of ddr). try to see what ram your motherboard allows and if I am not to wrong you have ddr2 which means that your motherboards supports 800MHz (you will feel a difference if you have ddr2 800MHz instead of 400MHz).

Do you know the buffercache of your hhd? if you don't then I suggest a WD that has 64MB cache; the higher the cache is the better it will perform.

if this is a old computer (3 years or more) I suggest you buy the new AMD Llano(APU=gpu+cpu in on chip) or Bulldozer(only cpu at the moment) that will come; cheap and energy sufficient.

My best tip for your next desktop is a self built one; cheaper and you get what you want. bring them to someone who does such thing and you have made a good business.

Regards,
Valentin N
First, my application, Speccy has confirmed it is a DDR3, Dual-Channel 6GB RAM Machine. My Graphics Card is a ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB. Secondly, I don't know the cache and I will NOT be changing it as it is a 1TB Hard-Drive. Thirdly, this computer is praticially new as it has Dual-Core Processor and was bought January this year. It's brand is the Intel Pentium E5700 Dual Core.
Thanks for you response.

Valentin N

bbbbweb said:
Valentin N said:

Regards,
Valentin N
First, my application, Speccy has confirmed it is a DDR3, Dual-Channel 6GB RAM Machine. My Graphics Card is a ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB. Secondly, I don't know the cache and I will NOT be changing it as it is a 1TB Hard-Drive. Thirdly, this computer is praticially new as it has Dual-Core Processor and was bought January this year. It's brand is the Intel Pentium E5700 Dual Core.
Thanks for you response.
it's the first time I see such ddr3. You have good gpu (not if you're a gamer though), no need to replace the current HDD, If you know what socket your cpu you will be able to upgrade the cpu. I can also say that the cpu is not good and nothing I would have in my pc; low cache (2MB is low in my view), only 800MHz FSB, and only two cores without Hyperthreading.

Since you make reviews I suggest you take a cpu that has triple/quadro core; this way things will go faster and you save time :)

Take care.

V

Vextor

I understand that my CPU isn't very good, however I really can cope with it. However, compared to my old Computer (1GB RAM!?!?) it is blitzing fast. My reviews are ok in speed, they do lag sometimes but if I can run a Mac VM (in the Community Video Reviews) on my computer, I know it is capable of Windows 7. Also considering how Windows 8 will reduce requirements :D:)

Edit: Reduced quoting. -stormgtr