New Update Bitdefender - BDTS updates

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
The crypto mining protection is most likely a subset of behavioural, network and browser-based heuristics/behavioural patterns. It's been released as an additional module to show users Bitdefender protects against these (marketing tactic). Nothing exciting unfortunately.

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
That's what I asked them also since AFAIK, Bitdefender already protects against Cryptomining through signatures and Advanced Threat Defense. But haven't received any response yet.
Thanks for asking the question.

This feature in the UI is probably only to manage cryptomining activities and allow it for users who mines crypto on their device on purpose.
That makes sense :)

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
The crypto mining protection is most likely a subset of behavioural, network and browser-based heuristics/behavioural patterns. It's been released as an additional module to show users Bitdefender protects against these (marketing tactic). Nothing exciting unfortunately.
That's what I was wondering, if it was more of an eye candy, promotional thing. We'll see, as we learn more :)

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
That's what I was wondering, if it was more of an eye candy, promotional thing. We'll see, as we learn more :)
Crypto miners (unwanted) are malware, so when installing anti-malware protection, one automatically assumes miners will be detected and eliminated. Exceptions could be added under anti-malware as well. Bitdefender decided that it will look like innovation.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Bitdefender’s most recent version number is 27.0.30.140 and was released on March 4, 2024.

Product Update Changelog:

✔️ Bug Fix: Resolved an issue where custom scan configurations reset upon system restart.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Jusy got my update

1709796969550.png

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
From the fact that I have run out of all licences for reputable security packages except Arcabit IS - I have been using the free version of Bitdefender for a month.

Reactions: JB007 and LennyFox

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.