Be aware of Bitdefender 2015 Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourav

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 6, 2014
I am a big fan of Bitdefender security product,but currently I find some bug on there latest product on my windows7 PC.
I am using bitdefender total security 2015 latest build.
The bugs are ,
1.You can not scan a particular drive or volume by check marking that volume or drive and remain system drive unchecked from custom scan,when you do so bitdefender started to scan system drive except that volume or drive.There is no problem in contex menu scan option but contex menu scan does not scan for rootkits.
2.When you do a custom scan selecting all of your volume (you must have atleast 2 partition on your harddrive otherwise the problem not occurs) and keep scan setting in aggressive and start scan ,you will see after some time (in my case at 97% of scan) bitdefender scanner will crash and its services are stoped rsponding.

Please check and verify the problem and give me reply.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
hello Sourav,
I tested and it was the same problem with me. besides when I wanted to make a custom scan, the program freeze on my screen (all the windows that I open).
moreover , when I put a pen drive, bitdefender open about four scans, just to one pen drive, making my machine heavy.
this and many other bugs make me change to ESET.
but Iam a big fan of Bitdefender.
I am very disappointed with this version(2015).

this is my experience with Bitdefender, after testing by one week.

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
Did you guys attempt to reproduce the bugs and report them by opening a ticket with their Tech Support and uploading the trace/log files?

These types of bug reports (and traces/logs are essential) are how these types of bugs get solved.

Please report them if you find the time :).

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
It didn't perform well on my system a few years ago ( haven't used it since). Was hoping to bridge the gap between my current AV license expiring and buying a new one (I'm a student). I am guessing that the trials aren't worth it especially considering the above.

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Well, on my system it's not buggy but yeah, it takes a lot of resources even on idle like 210mb of RAM. While updating, it takes %6-7 of CPU. There is no bugs for me with BitDefender IS 2015 on Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit.

SamChan

Level 2
Jun 20, 2011
My internet connection is ok. It does not cut down my wifi. :)

Untitled_zps5454cd11.png

Last edited:

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
yeh

but why using it when you have 360IS with no bugs and freeee

Hmm.. yeah i've seen as it Topped many of the Leading independent Av test
so i guess its the best all around free protection

also the main think i like is that it uses AVIRA's Engine

regards

Reactions: nissimezra

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
360IS using BD Engine
360TS using BD & Avira.
i use it only with cloud Engine. more than enough

SamChan

Level 2
Jun 20, 2011
Well, great. When I used it, after I tweaked some settings, I remember disabling SafePay, then the wifi connection is cut off, even if the system icon says I'm connected. Many users suffer the same fate.
Maybe BitDefender engine is buggy.
After I installed BitDefender, I didn't disable any features. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.