Not open for further replies.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
If you're using Samsung Android, then Adhell. If other Android, then Adguard, Block this or DNS66. You can also try Netguard, a no root firewall which also block ads. Ironically has ads itself:eek: But you can block them.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
ADGUARD sucks my battery....i use DNS66 from Playstore. similiar like adguard with less options, but more speed with the browers and no akkudrain.

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Hello,
I'm using the free version of adguard with yandex.
It does not seems to suck the battery, I don't see it on the stats per apps. How do you diagnose that it sucks the battery ? (I'm interrested)

In yandex, I've add avira browser safety, and I've disabled the ad blocking because I already have AdGuard, but I'm open to test more things.

DNS66 seems interesting !

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Yes the accu stats from Adguard were normal. But i see a combo with the android system, wich was high. Without adguard my batterylife is better. Info for you: my phone is a google pixel with android 7.1.2. accudrain with adguard exist since last security patch from june

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Yes the accu stats from Adguard were normal. But i see a combo with the android system, wich was high. Without adguard my batterylife is better. Info for you: my phone is a google pixel with android 7.1.2. accudrain with adguard exist since last security patch from june
OK, thank you for the usefull info. I'm on MIUI 8.2.10 based on Android 6.0.1 with security patch of May. The Nougat ROM is currently in beta, so when it will be released I will try to remove adguard first if I suspect a battery problem.

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Since I'm not a fan of the way ad blockers implement their own browsers, I use Cyberghost VPN with ad blocking built in, secure, encrypted and ad free.
You can use limited version free "so much time per sitting ect" or drop the dime as I did.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
i'm testing "block this" with my pixel without root.....works similiar like dns66 with chrome.

come on....i need a speed browser like chrome and not a slug like firefox....time is money ;)

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
i'm testing "block this" with my pixel without root.....works similiar like dns66 with chrome.

come on....i need a speed browser like chrome and not a slug like firefox....time is money ;)
If you want faster browser, try Samsung Browser. Been available for non Samsung Android Phones for a while now. Lollipop is the minimum requirement. Playstore may show not supported but sideloading works! o_O
I know another good one called TugaBrowser(Chromium fork) with built in adblock. On XDA, Not available on Playstore, don't know why.
Ofcourse, they won't be as secure as Chrome.

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
Greetings all,

Here are three, Android no-root ad blockers, that are all free, easy to use, and have threads over at XDA developers. My favourite is:
https://blockthis.com as I've been an early adopter.
Next, is Blokada - fire-and-forget ad blocker for Android and very similar to the one above. Both have some settings, like whitelist, and stats for blokada.
This last one is the most comprehensive, but also, collects the most data, for crowd sourcing. Think of it as the Google of adblocker. ( - ; It's all in the privacy statement and terms of service. Which we should always read.
AdClear Ad Blocker for Android

I'm really surprised that more people don't know about these. One of the first adblocker I used was Disconnect when they were just booted from playstore. And then Adgaurd when they were just starting out, and had tried the same thing as Disconnect. Briefly published on playstore. But, they both went to subscription service very quickly. Although they do have some freebies from time to time, the three above, leave to the users generosity. Donate if you can, and or really appreciate their work.

Lastly, don't forget about Tor, on Android you need Orbot app and Orfox browser, but you can proxy all data from other apps thru Orbot's connections. It's not an adblocker, but will give you some anti-tracking protection. Orfox, based on Firefox, gives you the option of choosing add-ons just like Firefox does.

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
Greetings all,

Here are three, Android no-root ad blockers, that are all free, easy to use, and have threads over at XDA developers. My favourite is:
https://blockthis.com as I've been an early adopter.
Next, is Blokada - fire-and-forget ad blocker for Android and very similar to the one above. Both have some settings, like whitelist, and stats for blokada.
This last one is the most comprehensive, but also, collects the most data, for crowd sourcing. Think of it as the Google of adblocker. ( - ; It's all in the privacy statement and terms of service. Which we should always read.
AdClear Ad Blocker for Android

I'm really surprised that more people don't know about these. One of the first adblocker I used was Disconnect when they were just booted from playstore. And then Adgaurd when they were just starting out, and had tried the same thing as Disconnect. Briefly published on playstore. But, they both went to subscription service very quickly. Although they do have some freebies from time to time, the three above, leave to the users generosity. Donate if you can, and or really appreciate their work.

Lastly, don't forget about Tor, on Android you need Orbot app and Orfox browser, but you can proxy all data from other apps thru Orbot's connections. It's not an adblocker, but will give you some anti-tracking protection. Orfox, based on Firefox, gives you the option of choosing add-ons just like Firefox does.

Reactions: orthonovum

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
I have tried them all.. the best is absolutely adaway but you have to be rooted. The other options out there either destroy battery or cost money, I recently came across Blockada which has not killed my battery, is free and does not require root. (I stopped rooting after AP became a thing to pay with) and I have been running it for a while now without any major issues

I am not affiliated with this app/project in any way but for info can be found at

Blokada - fire-and-forget ad blocker for Android

[APP][4.0.3+] Blokada ad blocker (without root) [1.2.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.