Mar 23, 2014
its Eagle Get...

11.png

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
It's ad-free, free and almost as good as paid IDM! Which made me wonder who's behind this project, who's its developer(s)/founder(s)? I dug deep (their website, forum, page on Facebook, account on Twitter) but I couldn't find much.

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I tried them all and they all sucked for me. In the end, I had to buy IDM. It's the best download manager ever made.

Reactions: shukla44

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
IDM doesn't have any equivalent competitor according to my view. But its sure you may find a similar good alternative for it.
Currently I am using Firefox and using Video Download Helper extension for downloading videos, but it lacks resuming broken links and many more.
DownThemAll extension with Video Download Helper would make a decent combo for a download manager to exist in your PC.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Eagleget is very good but it doesn't support Cyberfox:( so i uninstalled it.
I tried other download managers but i didn't see any significant improvement in downloading so i am staying for now with
inbuilt Cyberfox and Cent download managers.
I see that i must try IDM.
Is there going to be any MT giveaway for IDM soon?:D

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
For me it is the best way to purchase a license for IDM rather looking for the best alternative of IDM. It only costs $24 (life-time license). Moreover, if you use a Russian Ip and choose ,,pay with yandex money,, it will cost you about $10 or 760 Russian Rubles.

D

Deleted member 2913

For me it is the best way to purchase a license for IDM rather looking for the best alternative of IDM. It only costs $24 (life-time license). Moreover, if you use a Russian Ip and choose ,,pay with yandex money,, it will cost you about $10 or 760 Russian Rubles.
Its lifetime license but updates are for a year only, right?
So whats the benefit of lifetime license when product like download managers have to keep up with browsers i.e compatible extension, video download algorithms, etc...?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

I run the portable versions of JDownloader and Free Download Manager.
My primary downloader is JDownloader which is coded in Java and is EXTREMELY stable (as far as I have tested it - and I can ensure you I have downloaded many terabytes of data so far with it). When it comes to more features, I use Free Download Manager.
I used FDM for a long time & now waiting for the new FDM 5 stable that is suppose to be released in 3-4 months. Never had a prob with FDM.

Sometimes I download videos & IDM supports many sites & easy to download videos so currently trying IDM Free;) No Crack:)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Currently IMHO the best alternative for IDM is IDM.

I used FDM for a long time & now waiting for the new FDM 5 stable that is suppose to be released in 3-4 months. Never had a prob with FDM.

Sometimes I download videos & IDM supports many sites & easy to download videos so currently trying IDM Free;) No Crack:)
I tried IDM recently but it did little to impress me.
Compared download speeds for specific files (every file was 3 gigabytes at least), compared them on downloading multiple files (~30 at once), saved some videos here and there, and overall there was no difference.

And lastly, note that I do not, and will not, use any download manager extensions in my browsers (I'm not referring to add-ons which are natively coded for browsers, rather the extensiosn that come with the installation of external standalone download managers), as they are very exploitable and thus they greatly increase risk of infection due to exploits. (not to mention potential stability/compatibility issues, as well as an increase in load times)
Call me old-fashioned, but in my opinion, downloading files with download managers should be done by copy-pasting their links only, and not using funky on-the-fly linkgrabbing techniques from within browsers. :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

I tried IDM recently but it did little to impress me.
Compared download speeds for specific files (every file was 3 gigabytes at least), compared them on downloading multiple files (~30 at once), saved some videos here and there, and overall there was no difference.

And lastly, note that I do not, and will not, use any download manager extensions in my browsers (I'm not referring to add-ons which are natively coded for browsers, rather the extensiosn that come with the installation of external standalone download managers), as they are very exploitable and thus they greatly increase risk of infection due to exploits. (not to mention potential stability/compatibility issues, as well as an increase in load times)
Call me old-fashioned, but in my opinion, downloading files with download managers should be done by copy-pasting their links only, and not using funky on-the-fly linkgrabbing techniques. :D
I have 0 info on JDownloader. Is it good, have video download & how to use it?

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I have 0 info on JDownloader. Is it good, have video download & how to use it?
It is able to download videos (in fact, it supports downloading from hundreds or even thousands of hosters). I use it to download from YouTube, Vimeo, etc (specifically on YouTube, it allows you to save the audio stream only, in 256bit .m4a format, which is the full quality audio source directly streamed from YouTube)
It is quite easy to use and it doesn't take too long to get used to it. There's 2 tabs you'll need for downloading: The linkgrabber tab (links that are copied to clipboard appear here) and the downloads list tab, which contains active downloads, pause downloads, disabled (frozen) downloads, etc
Most functions are performed from the right-click context menu.

D

Deleted member 2913

It is able to download videos (in fact, it supports downloading from hundreds or even thousands of hosters). I use it to download from YouTube, Vimeo, etc (specifically on YouTube, it allows you to save the audio stream only, in 256bit .m4a format, which is the full quality audio source directly streamed from YouTube)
It is quite easy to use and it doesn't take too long to get used to it. There's 2 tabs you'll need for downloading: The linkgrabber tab (links that are copied to clipboard appear here) and the downloads list tab, which contains active downloads, pause downloads, disabled (frozen) downloads, etc
Most functions are performed from the right-click context menu.
I will give it a try.
Google search shows jdownloader.org & jdownloader.com, which is the right one?

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Its lifetime license but updates are for a year only, right?
So whats the benefit of lifetime license when product like download managers have to keep up with browsers i.e compatible extension, video download algorithms, etc...?

I purchased the first license (I have purchased some licenses) about 2 years and receive updates everytime they are released

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.