Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi I have been learning web development from past 3 weeks, it has come to the stage where i have to start using Dreamweaver software. Well you know well right, we must afford an Dreamweaver in order to completely adapt the skills of the web development and resolving the complexity. So I want to know some good alternative for the DW which is a open source and best match for that.

I am afraid of Piracy as it would infect my PC and even does not set my lifestyle. !

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
If you want to get into serious Web Dev., I wouldn't suggest you using softwares like Dreamweaver, mostly because you won't understand the logic behind what you do. I would rather code my website and it's backend line by line, and then testing it after rather than being "assisted" and "babysitted" by a program that will do all that for me. One of the reason I hate developping in ASP.NET using Visual Studio too.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
If you want to get into serious Web Dev., I wouldn't suggest you using softwares like Dreamweaver, mostly because you won't understand the logic behind what you do. I would rather code my website and it's backend line by line, and then testing it after rather than being "assisted" and "babysitted" by a program that will do all that for me. One of the reason I hate developping in ASP.NET using Visual Studio too.
Well I appreciate ur thoughts, but we must not make a single flaw in our code so that it helps in our web development, convenient and even perfection. I'm just a beginner , I know i do make lot of mistakes, unless i learn, that means i cant code. Formerly I hate to type more.:D

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Aptana it's eclipse modded for web developers, it's the same as netbeans, code editor.

Netbeans it's faster than eclipse.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Aptana it's eclipse modded for web developers, it's the same as netbeans, code editor.

Netbeans it's faster than eclipse.
But I have read some reviews and videos now that aptana would be a close match to DW.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Well I appreciate ur thoughts, but we must not make a single flaw in our code so that it helps in our web development, convenient and even perfection. I'm just a beginner , I know i do make lot of mistakes, unless i learn, that means i cant code. Formerly I hate to type more.:D

If this is how you think you'll have a hard time learning real programming, I can tell you that straight away. Trust me, I come from a program where we had no assistance at all from the IDE we were using and even if it was rough, we became better than students in other schools using Dreamweavers and such. If you rely on IDEs to do all the work for you, you'll never learn anything. Don't take what I say as offensive or else, but as a last year student in CS/IT, I've been through that and I can tell you that using Dreamweaver won't teach you anything, nor help you improve your coding/programming abilities.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
If this is how you think you'll have a hard time learning real programming, I can tell you that straight away. Trust me, I come from a program where we had no assistance at all from the IDE we were using and even if it was rough, we became better than students in other schools using Dreamweavers and such. If you rely on IDEs to do all the work for you, you'll never learn anything. Don't take what I say as offensive or else, but as a last year student in CS/IT, I've been through that and I can tell you that using Dreamweaver won't teach you anything, nor help you improve your coding/programming abilities.
I admit your words, thanks, u have enlightened my mind with good thoughts. But My trainer/faculty recommends me to use it, how can i respond to him at that case ?

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I admit your words, thanks, u have enlightened my mind with good thoughts. But My trainer/faculty recommends me to use it, how can i respond to him at that case ?

What I don't get is that your trainer/faculty recommends using a program that cost a lot and doesn't provides you it free of charge somehow. It doesn't make sense. At my school for example, we can sign a MSDNAA contract that gives you an account on e5.onthehub and allows you to download for free a lot of Microsoft software and OS.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
At my school for example, we can sign a MSDNAA contract that gives you an account on e5.onthehub and allows you to download for free a lot of Microsoft software and OS.
Sorry, whats MSDNAA and e5.onthehub ?

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
You can try Expression Web, its free, though discontinued. It has some wonderful features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.