Advice Request Best alternative to utorrent/bittorrent?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which torrent client is a better alternative?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I want to know if you guys use any torrent clients, if you do, which one? & why?

I want to switch my torrent client from utorrent to something that will not give me headaches, some of the sites i use regularly is not loading torrents in it & i don't want to use older versions of utorrent.

So i am looking for a new alternative. Appreciate you help.

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
QBittorrent is what I use!!Very good and does not bundle any adware!!!!:)

I like the idea that it doesn't have any adware bundle 'cause recently, Kaspersky started blocking the open-candy bundle with utorrent.

I have uTorrent (modified to not show ads)

Which version? Newest?

Last edited by a moderator:

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I use an open source torrent client called Halite. Halite BitTorrent Client · Binary Notions

Actively developed by a guy in Ireland named Eóin O’Callaghan. This client in my opinion is very unrated and needs more attention. Only downside is it's only for Windows but has 32 and 64bit versions which you can download here: Release Version 4.0.4 · Eoinocal/Halite · GitHub

Been using for around a year. Very stable and fast. Huge customization options. I like others to but this is my personal favorite and I'd assume you are wanting a Windows torrent client at this very moment.

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I use an open source torrent client called Halite. Halite BitTorrent Client · Binary Notions

Actively developed by a guy in Ireland named Eóin O’Callaghan. This client in my opinion is very unrated and needs more attention. Only downside is it's only for Windows but has 32 and 64bit versions which you can download here: Release Version 4.0.4 · Eoinocal/Halite · GitHub

Been using for around a year. Very stable and fast. Huge customization options. I like others to but this is my personal favorite and I'd assume you are wanting a Windows torrent client at this very moment.

Yes, i want a Windows torrent client. I'll check it out, thanks.

EDIT: Added it to the poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.