Battle Best Anti-Executable in your opinion? - AppGuard, NVT ERP or VoodooShield ?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Which is the best anti-executable in terms of overall user experience:

interface
ease-of-use
features
compatibility
bugs
robust protection

Blue Ridge AppGuard (AG)
NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro (NVT ERP)
VooDooShield (VS)

My vote goes to NVT ERP.

AG - best (additional) protections
VS - features\innovation
NVT ERP - in day-to-day use, it has proven to be the most user/system friendly - especially on busy, changing system

Thread author
In fact, to be precise Appguard shouldn't be in this poll since it is SRP and not anti-exe.

Technically you are correct and AppGuard should be compared directly with Microsoft's AppLocker, Group Policy, Device Guard, and similar - and not any anti-executable or HIPS(-like) security soft.

However, most users do not distinguish between anti-executables and SRP and tend to lump them all together into a single group - which is technically incorrect. Therefore, the poll was made back then as only a very basic comparison.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Technically you are correct and AppGuard should be compared directly with Microsoft's AppLocker, Group Policy, Device Guard, and similar - and not any anti-executable or HIPS(-like) security soft.

However, most users do not distinguish between anti-executables and SRP and tend to lump them all together into a single group - which is technically incorrect. Therefore, the poll was made back then as only a very basic comparison.

In this situation should also add HIPS softwares...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Don't buy NVT ERP, because the free beta version is better than the old paid version. After install, untick "check for new version," because it will update you to the old, paid version.
http://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/EXERadar_Pro_x86_x64_v3.1_24062015_BUILD1.exe
A new and greatly improved version is expected to come out fairly soon, but this beta is still good.
If you bought the paid version this year, you will get a free upgrade to the new version, when it comes out.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Don't buy NVT ERP, because the free beta version is better than the old paid version. After install, untick "check for new version," because it will update you to the old, paid version.
http://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/EXERadar_Pro_x86_x64_v3.1_24062015_BUILD1.exe
A new and greatly improved version is expected to come out fairly soon, but this beta is still good.
If you bought the paid version this year, you will get a free upgrade to the new version, when it comes out.

How does one go about setting this app up?

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Interesting. I really know if it continue develop because in their facebook page dont appear new improvements from 2016. No virus thanks will continue develop?
If i buy i recive updates for the next versions?

What about the link of appguard

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If you want to follow what's happening with NVT ERP, subscribe to the official thread at the other forum.
New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro
There is also a lot of discussion there about configuring the software.
Here at MT, there is also a thread about these subjects:
NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro turns Freeware

IMHO you should use default settings, at least until you learn the software. Then you can start tweaking. If your system is clean, run it in learning mode for a while, it will save you a lot of headaches.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Brain.exe first and foremost. Don't run something that you don't know. I cannot make peace with anti-exe's. They work great for companies. But, they are just a tedious hell for anyone who plays video games on their computer. A game may run many executables in the background depending on what I decide to click in the game. And god help you if you like to use mods in games.

It's better to go with a brain.exe + good behavior blocker if you have lots of video games. If you don't, knock yourself out with any of the above. Can't go wrong with any of the ones listed in the poll. That's just my opinion tho.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.