Battle Best Anti-Executable in your opinion? - AppGuard, NVT ERP or VoodooShield ?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Which is the best anti-executable in terms of overall user experience:

interface
ease-of-use
features
compatibility
bugs
robust protection

Blue Ridge AppGuard (AG)
NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro (NVT ERP)
VooDooShield (VS)

My vote goes to NVT ERP.

AG - best (additional) protections
VS - features\innovation
NVT ERP - in day-to-day use, it has proven to be the most user/system friendly - especially on busy, changing system

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Anyway, since then, do not care to install it ever again.
Sure. Your choice
Right. Everyone's system is different. The user should always choose the app that works for him, not the one that works for the other guy.
100% agree. But still if there are any problems with software you're using developer should be aware of it as maybe there is some bug which should be fixed. That's all I meant.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Sure. Your choice

100% agree. But still if there are any problems with software you're using developer should be aware of it as maybe there is some bug which should be fixed. That's all I meant.

Makes sense. However after all these years one would think performance issues would be fixed.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
that dan building smth new like vs360 ?! but we must consider that vs free is not enough good because don't have child process protection and some other useful tweaks(like disallow things from program files). so you need to cover that child process with smth like Rehips.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
that dan building smth new like vs360 ?! but we consider that vs free is not enough good because don't have child process protection and some other usefull tweaks(like disallow things from program files). so you need to cover that child process with smth like Rehips.
VoodooShield free has hardcoded child process protection for sensitive areas of the system. It is sufficient for everyone except the real paranoids, who are usually beta testers anyways, so they probably already have a free beta license...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Are you sure? didn't know that! in the vs, help file couldn't find such thing!
VS is constantly evolving, so the help file might be old, and besides that, the dev doesn't like to talk a lot about his secret recipes.

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
I own a pro license for VS but im currently testing NVT EXE Radar v4.

Im not sure of the differences or which offers the best protection, what i like abut NVT is the clean UI and the lighter footprint.

I hope Dan brings a new cleaner UI and a lighter footprint in V5.

Reactions: mekelek and frogboy

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I own a pro license for VS but im currently testing NVT EXE Radar v4.

Im not sure of the differences or which offers the best protection, what i like abut NVT is the clean UI and the lighter footprint.

I hope Dan brings a new cleaner UI and a lighter footprint in V5.
I'm also contemplating since EXE Radar has such a slick UI and easy to use, informative interface, only if it would have an active VT scanner, would drop VS for it in a minute.

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Technically you are correct and AppGuard should be compared directly with Microsoft's AppLocker, Group Policy, Device Guard, and similar - and not any anti-executable or HIPS(-like) security soft.

However, most users do not distinguish between anti-executables and SRP and tend to lump them all together into a single group - which is technically incorrect. Therefore, the poll was made back then as only a very basic comparison.

So since it’s SRP based is it correct to assume wouldn’t interfere with the various securitybsuites that include HIPS, AV, process monitors etc ?

Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.