- Mar 19, 2022
Latest ranking as of May 16, 2022
Last time Webroot caused BSOD when scanning files. Never use Webroot again...Their reviews are good enough for non-tech people. Their car reviews were incredibly helpful last time I was car shopping. No F-Secure on the list, though. Probably should replace Webroot.
The first 4 of the ranking is fine for me.
But after that...
I wonder what their testing protocol is, because if it's just scanning a pack, that explains Avira being second to last.....
Anyway, I don't give any credit to this kind of test!
I prefer my own, or those of my Hub colleagues.
Avira Free Security
Avira’s free version is a software suite that includes antivirus protection, anti-ransomware protection, and more. It is available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS:
- A full system virus and malware scan
- Quarantine of suspicious or high-risk files
- Firewall to block online attacks
- Ransomware protection
- Software updated to ensure your apps have the latest security patches
- Blocking of browser trackers to stop ads and unwanted software downloads
- A VPN for anonymous browsing
- A password manager that generates and stores login credentials
- A startup optimizer and disk space cleaner
Does AVIRA Free Security have protection against ransomware ?
According to this program description Avira does. But it seems to me that the free version does not have this feature. Unless I'm mistaken.