Best bandwidth monitoring tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about which bandwidth monitor to use.

A few options I was considering were: NetLimiter, NetMeter, NetWorx, DU Meter, DU Super Controller.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I used networx and it worked good for counting bandwidth, i would recommend giving it a try.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have used both NetMeter and Networx and would recommend either one

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
White Nobster said:
I have used both NetMeter and Networx and would recommend either one

Same here

Only thing with Networx is that it can be tweaked more than NetMeter and u can see the network connections + Host Names

ChrisP

Oct 13, 2014
Do NOT try Cucusoft Netguard. I installed it, it didn't work, so I uninstalled it, and it left a zombie process on my machine - C:\Program Files\Cucusoft\NetGuard\SysMsgProxySrvc.sys, and entries throughout the registry - startup, services, everywhere. Because it is tied into my network stack I am now concerned that force-removing it will cause problems somewhere. There was another that installed a filter into every network connection on my machine. When I uninstalled the software, every connection died.

Just a word of warning. I've posted requesting assistance for removing Cucusoft over on this post

http://malwaretips.com/threads/what-would-be-the-best-bandwidth-monitor-software.31855/

I'd be immensly grateful for any suggestions.

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
I am using DUMeter for (i think) 3-4 years now. Even now with flat optic cable internet (where i dont have a lot of use for this program) it seems i can not get rid of this awesome tool :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.