Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I did not vote, cause I think Kaspersky, BD & Emsisoft are the best BBs in town and are pretty close to each other.

Reactions: frogboy

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I already ask the same question and still searching for the answer:p
But from what I see:
1-Trend micro
2-Emsisoft
3-F-secure
4-Kaspersky(i didn't consider app control as behavior blocker)
I don't know how they handle exploits or advanced malware or smth like that.. but for common malware, I found trend micro has the best behavior blocker.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The most powerful behavior blocker I know of is the standalone security app HitmanPro.Alert, especially the beta version 3.7. You can use it in combo with most AVs.
Unfortunately, the more powerful a behavior blocker is, the more likely it is that it will interfere with valid processes, as well. That is certainly true of HMPA.

I am in search for who provides the best behaviour blocker. I do not care about system usage, only security. So let me know what you think is the best and why!

There is no data that I know of that measures only behavior blocker and behavioral module capabilities. So a comparison is anecdotal - mostly user created videos. The Malware Hub testers get a "feel" or "vibe" based directly upon their test results.

Emsisoft's behavior blocker is as good as it gets. Kaspersky's behavioral detection is very good. Another good behavior blocker is G DATA's. It is not as refined and polished as Emsisoft's, but it is nevertheless a decent behavior blocker.

Emsisoft is continually improving and fine-tuning its behavior blocker. I discovered a minor issue, reported it, and within 3 hours it was fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am in search for who provides the best behaviour blocker. I do not care about system usage, only security. So let me know what you think is the best and why!

You're splitting hairs for the most part. What will be more important is which product you like best; which product works best for you personally on your specific system(s) ? Evaluate them and then choose the one that you like best - and do not fret over what users X, Y or av test lab Z says.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
At least G DATA behavior blocker gives you more info on what the malware was trying to.
gdata part 2.JPG

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Best is Kaspersky, but I gave my vote for other, that is G Data.
Another good behavior blocker is G DATA's. It is not as refined and polished as Emsisoft's, but it is nevertheless a decent behavior blocker.
I have experienced that G Datas Anti-Ransomware module is too slow to react, upon detecting suspicous encryption of user files, it gives an option to Allow or Block, if you (user input) is slow (action isn't taken in about 5sec upon alert) files get encrypted, no matter what you click after, Block or Allow. But if you click Block fast enough, files stay safe. I have seen this couple of times just by testing BB module and with virus monitor disabled. You probably understand what I am talking about, since you know G Data very well, so you might be able to enlighten on this a bit. I think BB module is very strong. I love reading those detailed G Data Logs :D

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Voted other, I give my vote to G Data.

I have experienced that G Datas Anti-Ransomware module is too slow to react, upon detecting suspicous encryption of user files, it gives an option to Allow or Block, if you (user input) is slow (action isn't taken in about 5sec upon alert) files get encrypted, no matter what you click after, Block or Allow. But if you click Block fast enough, files stay safe. I have seen this couple of times just by testing BB module and with virus monitor disabled. You probably understand what I am talking about, since you know G Data very well, so you might be able to enlighten on this a bit. I love reading those detailed G Data Logs :D
i don't remember, can you set the module to auto-deny?

Best is Kaspersky, but I gave my vote for other, that is G Data.

I have experienced that G Datas Anti-Ransomware module is too slow to react, upon detecting suspicous encryption of user files, it gives an option to Allow or Block, if you (user input) is slow (action isn't taken in about 5sec upon alert) files get encrypted, no matter what you click after, Block or Allow. But if you click Block fast enough, files stay safe. I have seen this couple of times just by testing BB module and with virus monitor disabled. You probably understand what I am talking about, since you know G Data very well, so you might be able to enlighten on this a bit. I think BB module is very strong. I love reading those detailed G Data Logs :D

When testing it against ransomware I see that in some cases it halts file encryption and other cases some files do get encrypted along with the usual "Your files have been encrypted" messages and other miscellaneous files will be written to disk. G DATA's behavior blocker takes longer than others to detect and react to some malicious actions on the system. When I tested it I did not compare the difference between a slow and a fast response to a BB alert, but I will take your word for it.

The G DATA BB is decent. When it comes to certain things it would benefit from some improvements.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.