Best Chromium based browser

Fastest and Feature rich Chromium/Blink/Webkit based browser? Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
What according to you fastest and best chromium based browser?
I have tried many many browsers of which 360 browser was fastest according to peacekeeper.futuremark.com test and is quite feature rich.. but it is based on old chromium engine (i.e. 31 to current 39) So which browser do you prefer and find feature rich ?

And please do mention the link of the official website to the browser you love to use

P.S. I love Google Chrome but am annoyed right now because it disables the extensions which aren't from webstore if you find any solution to that please do help me

ahmad123

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
Once upon a time there was a browser named Firefox -- an open source project that many people happily picked up and spun off into their own versions with names like Iceweasel and Pale Moon. Now the same thing has happened with Google Chrome. Its open source incarnation, Chromium, has become the basis for a slew of spinoffs, remixes, and alternative versions.

FEATURED RESOURCE

PRESENTED BY RIVERBED TECHNOLOGY
10 Common Problems APM Helps You Solve
Practical advice for you to take full advantage of the benefits of APM and keep your IT environment
LEARN MORE
Naturally, a variant version of a browser needs to be broadly compatible with the original to be useful, but at the same time have enough new features or enhanced functionality to be a compelling alternative. Just as a remix of a song combines something from the original with something new, Chrome spinoffs inherit Chrome's speed and rendering prowess while striking off in new direction Now that the room is cleared of the drones who go through life happy to use whichever browser their fellow drones in the IT support staff installed in their computer, it's time to look once again at the browsers and think about what makes them better. What? You did that several months ago? You're thinking, "How much could they really have changed?" Do I need to go back to channeling David Mamet?

The browser world is taking Ezra Pound's command to make it new to extreme lengths, and much has changed since I started writing this sentence. Why, just a few moments ago, Firefox and Chrome both dropped their late morning builds, and the programmers at Microsoft are heading off to teatime, so they've pushed their latest versions. New versions are appearing every several weeks, and they often include substantial new features, such as better fonts, new video codecs, more sophisticated privacy switches, better local storage, and more. It's not a question of whether you're using your grandfather's browser or even your father's browser. Now you can come back from lunch and lock up your brain wondering whether you can make it through the afternoon with the browser you installed this morning.

Before the picture changes again, here's a survey of the five major browsers -- Opera, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and IE -- and how they are performing right now. All of them are excellent tools written by driven programmers who see themselves locked in a battle for the future of humanity, which it is if you forget all of the physical objects that occupy those other moments when we're not checking our email or browsing a new site.

The list of changes and improvements is so long that this article can't begin to mention everything. I've tried to hit a few of the most important points.

Battle of the Web browsers: HTML5
All of the energy devoted to HTML5 has been one of the top drivers of the increased pace. While people have been talking about the new standard for 10 or so years, it only became an obsession in the last few. All of the press releases trumpeting new versions of browsers invariably mention the numerous new features from the HTML5 standard.

Does this matter to the average user? Not yet. Most websites don't use any of the new features today, but this is gradually changing as Web developers start to take note. Google is pushing Web apps through the Chrome Web store and clearly sees HTML5 apps as a big part of the software ecology.

S

Sr. Normal

I think lack Citrio Browser that is very good too.

I think the best is Chrome but it angry me by default settings, because i think it attacks user privacy.

Yes , I know that we have SRWare Iron , but in my computer I see the speed´s difference , and not only in the initial program load.

This offer seems to me to be very interesting and I will be attentive, always I like to have the third browser (or
fourth or...)

Kind regards

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
360 Browser and Comodo Dragon would be the best choices only if the development could follow the Chromium updates (for security reasons, mostly). Since this is not the case, my choice is Opera, that I currently use. Lighter than Chrome, more stable, less laggy and, sure, faster..

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
Would chose Opera.Always up to the latest chrome core while most off the other lagg behind and opera is well programed, light and costumizable.

Yes thats true and turbo mode is quite good as well but opera lacks syncing features (eg bookmark sync) And one more thing opera is always one or two builds behind stable Chrome

360 Browser and Comodo Dragon would be the best choices only if the development could follow the Chromium updates (for security reasons, mostly). Since this is not the case, my choice is Opera, that I currently use. Lighter than Chrome, more stable, less laggy and, sure, faster..

360 browser is by far the fastest and most feature rich browser i have i used but as u said slow updates. Comodo really great choice

use maxthon browser very fast most add ons needed built in although i think it is i/e based

Yes maxthon is great as well rss feed sidebar trident engine but again no proper syncing

I think lack Citrio Browser that is very good too.

I think the best is Chrome but it angry me by default settings, because i think it attacks user privacy.

Yes , I know that we have SRWare Iron , but in my computer I see the speed´s difference , and not only in the initial program load.

This offer seems to me to be very interesting and I will be attentive, always I like to have the third browser (or
fourth or...)

Criterio updates with chrome is good comes video download extension by default but problem is isn't as fast as others

And guys most of you mentioned opera yeah sure it is really good browser but has sync issues and I cant survive without it and if you guys love Opera so much you should definitely try Yandex Browser built on Opera's blink engine everything opera has + better ui and very good handy features

Bottomline: Have you guys tested your browser speed you try it you will find out that fastest is 360 browser/ Liebao Browser/ 360 Explorer . Yes even faster than Latest GOOGLE CHROME / Chromium. All three are based on Blink engine as that of Chrome

You test your browser speed on
peacekeeper.futuremark.com

And pls do let me know if I missed anything or if am doing anything wrong

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Wow that Peacekeeper test was fun. SlimJet was way faster than CyberFox with a score of 4150. One question though does your internet speed affect the results?

SlimJet was a browser I wanted to try a few months ago, since I already like Slimbrowser... and slimboat is ok, but when I tried to open SlimJet, just would say "application error".

K-meleon (74.0) and Seamonkey (2.31) are two Gecko engine browsers which run very fast like Slims', and K-Meleon was updated this year, and is still quite light.

S

Sr. Normal

Wow that Peacekeeper test was fun. SlimJet was way faster than CyberFox with a score of 4150. One question though does your internet speed affect the results?

SlimJet was a browser I wanted to try a few months ago, since I already like Slimbrowser... and slimboat is ok, but when I tried to open SlimJet, just would say "application error".

Has improved adblocker that incorporates ?

I remember I tried and managed fatal advertising , which left a bitter taste in mouth, as it was fast and very attractive my sight

Page 2, message 25 http://malwaretips.com/threads/would-you-recommend-a-good-browser.34538/page-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.