Most interested about
  1. Design of UI
  2. Exclusive Features

Black Wings

Level 3
In Windows, my choice is Free Download Manager (download also torrent files) and in Linux Xtreme Download Manager. As I often use both systems and I don't like having a lot of extensions, I currently use in both systems Xtreme Download Manager.

PRO: It is really light and simple and is, in my opinion, the best tool for capturing and downloading videos.

CON: sometimes it's annoying because of its large download capacity, continually asking if it downloads any content from the page you're visiting.

So, yes, my vote goes to XDM

roger_m

Level 31
Verified
Content Creator
I've used UGet before. Nice software. Yesterday I downloaded a free version of LeechGet from LeechGet Download - Free Latest Version for Windows . Will try to use it and compare to UGet.
It's worth noting that LeechGet was discontinued in 2009. On the website for LeechGet there is a product key for it.
The LeechGet Project has been discontinued!
Thanks for all your support.

You may still download the last LeechGet 2.1 version here.
Use the following license key: AF9B09 - EDF99 - 27464 - C2ADE - CE5A4 - FCD7B7

AriDfoix

Level 3
If you use uGet, be sure to be on the latest aria2c.exe

Regards :)

Dhruv2193

Level 9
Verified
I haven't used Uget because of complex installation but xdm is a good DM. I am currently using Slimjet in-built downloader which is also goood but is lacking in detecting mp4 links for some videos and lacking in successful conversion of webm to mp4 for since a few day- maybe a version(s) specific problem. I will see youtube videos on how to install Uget and see its performance. Update- Installed Uget and found it to be very lacking in features and speed- it does not display the qualities of Videos that can be downloaded and speed is really slow. So go with XDM.

Last edited:

Vasudev

Level 31
Verified
I haven't used Uget because of complex installation but xdm is a good DM. I am currently using Slimjet in-built downloader which is also goood but is lacking in detecting mp4 links for some videos and lacking in successful conversion of webm to mp4 for since a few day- maybe a version(s) specific problem. I will see youtube videos on how to install Uget and see its performance. Update- Installed Uget and found it to be very lacking in features and speed- it does not display the qualities of Videos that can be downloaded and speed is really slow. So go with XDM.
I did it with 2 clicks with uget-integrator and uget.7z packages on windows. On FF or Chrome you need Uget addon to download/upload anything.

DDE_Server

Level 21
Verified
internet Download manager works best for me.i also purchased life time license however what disappoint me is that free updated for 3 years only but still good /clean download solution with good integration with all browser
if i choose free software.it would be definitely Eagleget