UGet vs Xtreme Download Manager

• Total voters
List of apps to compare
UGet vs Xtreme Download Manager
What I am most interested about
Graphical User Interface
Exclusive Features & Functionality
Why I want to compare these apps
Best for speed, able to download torrents maybe, and downloading videos on websites.

jackuars

Level 23
Verified
Based on raw speeds, it should be EagleGet. IDM is comparatively slower but faster than XDM. I could upload a video testing 10 download managers that I had done 3 months back.

Based on consistency for downloaded files, XDM followed by IDM and then EagleGet

Last edited:

Black Wings

Level 3
In Windows, my choice is Free Download Manager (download also torrent files) and in Linux Xtreme Download Manager. As I often use both systems and I don't like having a lot of extensions, I currently use in both systems Xtreme Download Manager.

PRO: It is really light and simple and is, in my opinion, the best tool for capturing and downloading videos.

CON: sometimes it's annoying because of its large download capacity, continually asking if it downloads any content from the page you're visiting.

So, yes, my vote goes to XDM

roger_m

Level 24
Verified
Content Creator
I've used UGet before. Nice software. Yesterday I downloaded a free version of LeechGet from LeechGet Download - Free Latest Version for Windows . Will try to use it and compare to UGet.
It's worth noting that LeechGet was discontinued in 2009. On the website for LeechGet there is a product key for it.
The LeechGet Project has been discontinued!
Thanks for all your support.

You may still download the last LeechGet 2.1 version here.
Use the following license key: AF9B09 - EDF99 - 27464 - C2ADE - CE5A4 - FCD7B7

Reactions: bribon77

AriDfoix

Level 3
If you use uGet, be sure to be on the latest aria2c.exe

Regards :)

Reactions: Vasudev and roger_m

Dhruv2193

Level 7
Verified
I haven't used Uget because of complex installation but xdm is a good DM. I am currently using Slimjet in-built downloader which is also goood but is lacking in detecting mp4 links for some videos and lacking in successful conversion of webm to mp4 for since a few day- maybe a version(s) specific problem. I will see youtube videos on how to install Uget and see its performance. Update- Installed Uget and found it to be very lacking in features and speed- it does not display the qualities of Videos that can be downloaded and speed is really slow. So go with XDM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasudev and roger_m

Vasudev

Level 29
Verified
I haven't used Uget because of complex installation but xdm is a good DM. I am currently using Slimjet in-built downloader which is also goood but is lacking in detecting mp4 links for some videos and lacking in successful conversion of webm to mp4 for since a few day- maybe a version(s) specific problem. I will see youtube videos on how to install Uget and see its performance. Update- Installed Uget and found it to be very lacking in features and speed- it does not display the qualities of Videos that can be downloaded and speed is really slow. So go with XDM.
I did it with 2 clicks with uget-integrator and uget.7z packages on windows. On FF or Chrome you need Uget addon to download/upload anything.

Reactions: Dhruv2193