Battle Best download Free manager? UGet or Xtreme Download Manager?

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
What do you think runs the best and has the best speeds? UGet or Xtreme Download Manager? It is for Windows, Both of them look pretty good.

Black Wings

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 20, 2018
In Windows, my choice is Free Download Manager (download also torrent files) and in Linux Xtreme Download Manager. As I often use both systems and I don't like having a lot of extensions, I currently use in both systems Xtreme Download Manager.

PRO: It is really light and simple and is, in my opinion, the best tool for capturing and downloading videos.

CON: sometimes it's annoying because of its large download capacity, continually asking if it downloads any content from the page you're visiting.

So, yes, my vote goes to XDM

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I've used UGet before. Nice software. Yesterday I downloaded a free version of LeechGet from LeechGet Download - Free Latest Version for Windows . Will try to use it and compare to UGet.
It's worth noting that LeechGet was discontinued in 2009. On the website for LeechGet there is a product key for it.
The LeechGet Project has been discontinued!
Thanks for all your support.

You may still download the last LeechGet 2.1 version here.
Use the following license key: AF9B09 - EDF99 - 27464 - C2ADE - CE5A4 - FCD7B7

Reactions: bribon77

AriDfoix

Level 3
Verified
Sep 2, 2018
Reactions: Vasudev and roger_m

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
I haven't used Uget because of complex installation but xdm is a good DM. I am currently using Slimjet in-built downloader which is also goood but is lacking in detecting mp4 links for some videos and lacking in successful conversion of webm to mp4 for since a few day- maybe a version(s) specific problem. I will see youtube videos on how to install Uget and see its performance. Update- Installed Uget and found it to be very lacking in features and speed- it does not display the qualities of Videos that can be downloaded and speed is really slow. So go with XDM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasudev and roger_m

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I haven't used Uget because of complex installation but xdm is a good DM. I am currently using Slimjet in-built downloader which is also goood but is lacking in detecting mp4 links for some videos and lacking in successful conversion of webm to mp4 for since a few day- maybe a version(s) specific problem. I will see youtube videos on how to install Uget and see its performance. Update- Installed Uget and found it to be very lacking in features and speed- it does not display the qualities of Videos that can be downloaded and speed is really slow. So go with XDM.
I did it with 2 clicks with uget-integrator and uget.7z packages on windows. On FF or Chrome you need Uget addon to download/upload anything.

Reactions: Dhruv2193

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
internet Download manager works best for me.i also purchased life time license however what disappoint me is that free updated for 3 years only but still good /clean download solution with good integration with all browser
if i choose free software.it would be definitely Eagleget

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.