Battle Best Free Anti-Ransomware to be used in tandem with avast and Comodo FW

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
So which one among them will you prefer? Please state the reason behind your choice and also if you have any other suggestion then feel free to add. This Anti-Ransomware tool will be a worst case scenario like where comodo bugs out and avast for some reason doesn't detect it.

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
Not my testing. But many other testers such as Cruelsister will tell you that it does an incredible job at fighting ransomware thanks to its behavior blocker.
I don't use the behaviour blocker component, only the file and web shield. Avast BB doesn't play nicely on my machine.

Reactions: AtlBo

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
Avast BB and cloud are very good against ransomwares but i highly recommend you to use a backup software like Macrium Reflect free.
I use easeus Todo for monthly image backups. Avast BB doesn't play nicely in my system, it's old, and last time I had avast bb, random freezes were occuring, now only on file and web shield with Max settings for each.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.