Best Free Sandbox Virtualization Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'Best free sandbox virtualization software' topic here - for the best Windows PC protection, easy security solution here I find for you (and me!).

Sandbox software create a isolated / virtual space (eg. for your browsers or software).
All things in virtual space remain protected - the running applications are allowed to do modifications only in this virtual space.
So your PC stays highly protected, unchanged.
The best PC security solution is here: free, easy, for everyone.
The solution that can increase the stability of your computer and the virus / malware prevention.

------------------------------------------------------------

EVALAZE v1.1.3.0 updated November 17, 2011: http://www.evalaze.de/en/evalaze-oxid/ - and choose the FREE EDITION on your right (size 5.88 MB, .zip).

Quote:
'Software virtualization is a piece of technology that allows the running of applications, without having to install these in the "traditional" way. The applications work in their own virtual environment and do not affect the operating system or other programs.

Amongst other features, this technology allows multiple identical applications to be run in parallel on the same system. This enables you to simultaneously run different versions of a browser on a system, for example. Outdated applications can be used on new and modern operating systems.
A problem with non-virtualized applications is that they are firmly anchored to the system. The installation and configuration of applications is time-consuming. Uninstalling will not delete entries in the registry or file system and thus will put further strain on the system. This can lead to system slow-downs and crashes.
Virtualized applications, however, are flexible. These can be run locally on a PC, on network drives, on terminal servers or on USB sticks. Evalaze also puts an application virtualization assistant at the user's disposal to help with the software. In order to virtualize an application, Evalaze creates a snapshot of the system. Following this, the application of choice is installed and a second snapshot is taken. The installed files and registry entries are now converted into a new .exe file by Evalaze's virtualization engine. This file can now be copied to an appropriate medium and executed.'

And from another site, thindownload.com: 'The usage of virtualized software does not create entries in the registry and none DLL files are compiled on the host PC. All information which are required and the needed libraries are included in the EXE file. All User data and documents are saved in a sandbox. The sandbox can be placed to the same location like the EXE or at any other place. The evalazed application can run locally on the client or even run from portable hardware like USB devices.' - quote from here: http://www.thindownload.com/info/

Some screenshots by addictivetips.com here: http://www.addictivetips.com/window...box-using-evalaze-application-virtualization/

Here you have some virtualised applications (everything is already done for you):
http://www.evalaze.de/en/Virtualized-Applications/
- so I have already virtualized Firefox and Opera browsers on my Desktop.

Launch your virtual Web exploration from your sandboxed browser.

Thank you very much, EVALAZE developers!

------------------------------------------------

Another soft:
CAMEYO application virtualization v1.7.634: http://www.cameyo.com/

Quote:
'ApplicationvirtualizationA virtual app (or portable app) is a single .EXE file that holds an entire application, including files, DLLs and registry. Virtual apps can be copied & moved around like regular files and launched from anywhere without installation: home, office, Dropbox, USB disk-on-key, laptop, network shares. With Cameyo's app virtualization, you can take your apps and data with you, anywhere.'

'With Cameyo's application virtualization, you can pack an entire application - including all its files, DLLs, registry - into one single file and take it with you anywhere, along with the app's settings & data. On your Dropbox drive, on a USB stick, at work, at home, on your laptop - using application virtualization you will no longer have to reinstall your apps again and again everytime you move from one computer to another. Virtual portable apps also keep your computer stable, isolating apps from your system. Whether your are a home user or an IT administrator, Cameyo will save you precious time.' - and ensure your PC security.

---------------------------------------

FREE BufferZone Pro features: http://www.trustware.com/BufferZone-Pro-Features/

.. and our topic 'BufferZone Pro 4.0 Beta Released' here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-BufferZone-Pro-4-0-Beta-Released

--------------------------------------

.. then run your software without having to install it, in a closed system aka virtual sandbox. Security, Privacy .. From now.

EDIT: title shortened.

Last edited:
P

Plexx

RE: Best Free Sandbox Application Virtualization Software

I am using Bufferzone Pro and I am quite happy with the usage so far.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Thanks for sharing, I've never heard of Evalaze and Cameyo. I might read more into them. :)

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

Here you have also the samples (free, I hope) of cloud apps and browsers - all launched in secure virtualized sandbox environment - Spoon environment:

Spoon Home page: http://www.spoon.net/

Tools on Spoon: http://www.spoon.net/Tools

Browsers on Spoon: http://www.spoon.net/browsers (NEW: many versions of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Safari browsers!)

Yes, Xenocode changed name to Spoon.

Spoon lets you run desktop apps anywhere with no installs.

Web page message: 'To enjoy Spoon cloud apps, you first need to add the Spoon browser plugin.' Click OK., that's all.

EDIT: Spoon Home page link added, and browsers link changed for new & good one.

Last edited:

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011

bufferzone pro is free on softpedia..........it is really great....
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/BufferZone-Pro.shtml

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

So today for you this little: ENIGMA Virtual Box - Latest Version 3.50 ( 18 Nov 2011) - FREEWARE (32/64-bits) - Size 3.4 Mb: http://www.enigmaprotector.com/en/downloads.html

Enigma Virtual Box Forum: http://forum.enigmaprotector.com/viewforum.php?f=20&sid=8e6864d4fc03519d85fc713d4ca54c8e

About Virtual Box: http://www.enigmaprotector.com/en/aboutvb.html

Quote:
'Application virtualization system for Windows.
Enigma Virtual Box enables application files and registry to be consolidated in a single executable file, without loss of efficiency and without virtualized files having to be extracted to the HDD.
Enigma Virtual Box is a free application that supports both x86 and x64 binaries.

Enigma Virtual Box is used for file and registry systems virtualization and allows you to consolidate all files and registry used by your application into a single executable file without having to extract virtual files to the disk.
With Enigma Virtual Box, you can virtualize any types of files, dynamic libraries (*.dll), ActiveX/COM objects (*.dll, *.ocx), video and music files (*.avi, *.mp3), text files (*.txt, *.doc), etc.
Enigma Virtual Box does not extract temporary files to the HDD; file emulation is performed in the process memory only.

The supported versions of Windows include Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008 and Windows 7.'

'Enigma Virtual Box is perfect for creating portable applications!'

- Actively supported software ..

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Sandboxie and BufferZone Pro Free are the ones which are very famous and still interested by users around.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

@jamescv7,

But you lose nothing by trying other similar applications, right? Your experience will grow, and Knowledge with ..
In the case of EVALAZE, .NET Framework v 2.0 or above is needed .. it's a shame for those who do not have this cumbersome .NET Framework ..

Maybe the next version of EVALAZE would be rewritten, I hope .. It would be cool.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

Another day, another smile...
-------------------------------

Safely browse with IE in a isolated (sandboxed) environment.
The Browser on sandbox virtual isolate space - your new security layer!

'IE Sandbox create a protective bubble for your Internet Explorer while you are surfing the Internet.
It separates your real system from any potential harms that could come through the Internet Explorer.'

Today for you (and me!) - IESandbox-3.0.4.rar (or .man) - RAR archive download page (on PrivateWorkplace.com): http://privateworkplace.com/sandboxrx.php - click on the first link on IESandbox-3.0.4.rar.

This RAR archive (packed 2.790.488 Bytes folder, version 3.0.4.0, from 02/06/2010) I opened with my WinRAR soft.

Then I run from my desktop IE Sandbox Setup: IESandbox-3.0.4.exe
End-user (FREE) licence agreement for IESandbox is between you and EAZ SOLUTION, INC. (EAZ). Sure, well known company.
Destination folder: C:\Program Files\IE Sandbox (38.8 MB folder). You have here also uninstal.exe file by EAZ Solution, Inc. - perfect!
It's created also: new IE Sandbox S: drive, with used space of 11.7 MB.
On the Desktop I find 'Open IE in Sandbox' nice green/yellow icon - precious because single - then replicate this icon near the Start button, in the taskbar in the area of quick launch, like me ..

So click on this icon, and you have at your desktop - IE sandboxed browser. But the window is empty... because the good search engine address is not selected in the address bar (it says: test .. hmm). Then in this address bar you type google.com, or Privatelee.com, or DuckDuckGo.com like me, and you now do whatever you want on the Web.

At the top of IE sandboxed page, I see this inscription: 'Privatelee - the private and secure search engine - Protected in IE Sandbox'.

Your all Favorites are here, YouTube works, e-Mail works, nice.

My CCleaner ( during the work of IE Sandbox) see nothing .. (only during the first launch: C:\Documents and Settings\my name \Recent\FBReg.dat.LOG.lnk and Sandbox.lnk). That's all!

After closing IE sandboxed browser, I have nothing on my Windows, which was downloaded with - neither downloaded Favorites nor downloaded software .. There is nothing.

Clean Windows. Like before.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

.. and here is my little TEST post, posted from my new browser 'Protected in IE Sandbox'.

Free & light security layer.

Nice, not?..

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

After the start of my PC: I getted this Warning from Tiny Watcher:

" Registry entry HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\FBRedirector\ImagePath (created)
and also ..\FBService\ImagePath (created)
and also: ..\FileBox\ImagePath (created)

New entry was set to \C\Program Files\IE Sandbox\FBRdr.sys, ..\FileBox.sys, ..\FBService.exe.

Available actions for this items: 'Confirm', 'Validate'. "

I clicked 'Confirm'. OK.

------------------

In Process Hacker I see, with 'Protected in IE Sandbox' browser run, this:
FBService.exe (Working Set 3.22 MB, Handles 105, Threads 5).
Command Line: C:\Program Files\IE Sandbox\FBService.exe
FBService Module v3.0.4.0, by EAZ Solution, Inc.
All this is OK.

But after use of IE sandboxed, I kill the persistent FBService.exe (in Process Hacker: right click:Terminate).

So on the speed on surfing, I see NO differences with or without protected browser.
Browsing protected on the Web is very quickly, like always here.

Now, CCleaner see nothing after use of protected browser.
NO external files, if I run protected browser.

---------------------

And all wrong Pop-ups from infected sites are in protected browser windows (you see 'Protected in IE Sandbox' at the top of the windows ).

Good Popup TESTS (some are like fake AV windows popups) you have here, on the sidki.host22.com site: Test Cases: http://sidki.host22.com/prox/testcases/

So at your tests, please ..

Last edited:
P

Plexx

I still have to say one thing: testing on SP2 ain't really a good idea but well that has been said many times.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

Following the story of my new IE Sandbox:

After the restart of my PC:

* I do not see the IE Sandbox (S: ) drive, it's gone .. But after open IE in Sandbox - is created the new IE Sandbox (S: ) drive,

* and also after open IE in Sandbox, are created 16 SSDT hooks by C\Program Files\IE Sandbox\FBRdr.sys. Eg. I see these hooks in XueTr/Ring0 Hooks/SSDT. In XueTr I see too, in Kernel/Notify Routine: Notify 'CreateProcess' by module C:\Program Files\IE Sandbox\FBRdr.sys.

These hooks and Notify Routine are persistent after having closed the sandboxed browser, as (S: ) drive also persist after having closed the sandboxed browser .. and FBService.exe process too persist.:s

But all these hooks, Notify Routine, driver and process, and drive (S: ) are inexistent after another restart of PC.

I hope that the developers of this sandboxed pretty toy will be looked at it to make things better. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
P

Plexx

I actually loaded a Win XP SP3 on VMware and tried the sanbox you mentioned. After using it for 10 mins, restarted the system and BSOD...

Doesn't seem that stable.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

'..loaded a Win XP SP3 on VMware' - so 'Doesn't seem that stable.'

- You'd probably agree with this statement: Because too much harms why VMware, why SP3? You have the results, that's all.
This IESandbox working here without any problem, then follow my example:
If you want to improve things on your side, for the safe software (and this is the case here) - do download without VMware, and returns to Windows XP SP2, my dear... No offense, just the common sense advice! In the right direction, you see.:p

Last edited:
P

Plexx

Prorootect said:
'..loaded a Win XP SP3 on VMware' - so 'Doesn't seem that stable.'

- You'd probably agree with this statement: Because too much harms why VMware, why SP3? You have the results, that's all.
This IESandbox working here without any problem, then follow my example:
If you want to improve things on your side, for the safe software (and this is the case here) - do download without VMware, and returns to Windows XP SP2, my dear... No offense, just the common sense advice! In the right direction, you see.:p

Right, let me put it this way for you: Moving to SP2 when there are many vulnerabilities and issues, no thanks...
Furthermore, my main system is Windows 7 64 bit and there is no way I would go back to XP.

As for common sense: running SP2 is exactly the opposite of having common sense. I am afraid that you are not heading to the right direction by sticking to SP2...

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

MY Quote: 'This IESandbox working here without any problem, then follow my example' ..

- But you are free to make your choice. Your choice guided by the experience of other people, why not ..

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
My new IE Sandbox series ..

'I have nothing on my Windows, which was downloaded with - neither downloaded Favorites nor downloaded software ..'

- You are able to execute only your eg. new software installer (after click on download link),
but after the closing of your 'downloaded' software - nothing remains, nothing.

Too all your changes in sandboxed IE settings - will not exist after closing IE Sandbox. No changes after closing.

I find this IESandbox very secure.

So Open IE in Sandbox ..;)

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.