Advice Request Best Free Softwares for Windows

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Made few changes in the list. More changes underway

*Web browser- Replaced Google Chrome with Vivaldi (Apr 26 2020)
*Uninstaller - Replaced IOBit Uninstaller with HiBit Uninstaller (Apr 26 2020)

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

I tried Cyberduck but it was slow on on PC. Back to WinSCP as FTP Client.
LibreOffice is a good alternative to Microsoft Office.
XDM was buggy in the past, request you to try the latest version, it's much better. Also there is no comparison for the video download feature between XDM & FDM as XDM allows support for more websites and is only matched by maybe Eagleget or IDM.
I am using the latest XDM 2020 version and i think it is perfect competitor for IDM.

killpointik

Level 2
Verified
Feb 7, 2016
For me best important
ANYDESK(free) better like TW for money
REVO uninstaller
GREENSHOT
TINY TAKE
qbitorrent, in last days i have still problems with running, still crashing :(

Reactions: roger_m

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
This is just my thinking. A lot of stuff listed mainly can be done by default Windows. Some stuff just isn't needed either IMO. Feel free to discuss :)

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Is eM Client better than MailBird? Is it lighter?
It is feature-some and better than Mailbird. The only limitation of free version of eMClient is 2 accounts/person. I'm trying to find a suitable alternative with this limitation, but nothing has come close to it.

Reactions: [correlate]

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
actually i think nobody use tixati because we never heard this before :unsure: in 2020 from now on qbittorrent i know its my fave torrent client im not force you to anyway
I first came across this software when it was featured as top pick at Best Free BitTorrent Client. Have tried both qBittorrent & Tixati, and the advanced scheduler of Tixati is the major reason why I stick with it, as I need to set each torrent file to run at specified times during the day depending on the sizes. I couldn't find this feature in qBittorrent. Also speed-wise I found Tixati to take the edge.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.