Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Which torrent client do you use and which one is the best in your opinion?
I'll give the links to the product homesite and discuss about the ones that are adware.....

Deluge (Clean)
Halite (Clean)
qBittorrent (Clean)
Tixati (Clean)
Transmission-QT (Clean)

-------------------------ADWARE PRODUCTS----------------------------------
BitComet (Ads on interface, bitComet homepage/search/toolbar, ads on startup)
MediaGet (Orbitum Search/homepage/toolbar)
uTorrent/BitTorent (BitTorrent-ads on interface; uTorrent-offers, ask toolbar, openCandy, ads on interface)
Vuze (Value-apps toolbar, Conduit-search/homepage, Search protect, Piracy crusade, MyPCBackup)

Last edited:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Bittorrent is (Clean) although you just have to untick and decline some offers.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Tixati works great.

:mad:Bitcomet (2006) --> Vuze --> utorrent --> qBittorrent --> deluge --> Tixati (2014):D

Last edited:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
My question, Can any of the torrent clients can play media contents while downloading? I assume uTorrent can. I dont know about the rest. Because i havent used any. U can get rid of adware (Disabling Ads) if u are smart enough to choose uTorrent.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
U can get rid of adware (Disabling Ads) if u are smart enough to choose uTorrent.

Adware is defined as, if any software has installer bundled with items that are not required for core functioning of the software, like toolbars, product offers, etc, and if after-installation it shows ads/offers during run-time or nag the user in any similar way.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
My question, Can any of the torrent clients can play media contents while downloading? I assume uTorrent can. I dont know about the rest.

That depends on the media player that you're using. If you're using PotPlayer, you could.

I assume you're talking about videos.

Am using Tixati and as it downloads videos, you just need to go into the folder, and PotPlayer plays the incomplete files for me.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Adware is defined as, if any software has installer bundled with items that are not required for core functioning of the software, like toolbars, product offers, etc, and if after-installation it shows ads/offers during run-time or nag the user in any similar way.
Its been a long time since i ran an installer of uTorrent in my pc. I only knew that the applications used to post ads in the UI. Disabling that was a easy task for me. Seems like the latest versions come with all the offers:p

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
That depends on the media player that you're using. If you're using PotPlayer, you could.

I assume you're talking about videos.

Am using Tixati and as it downloads videos, you just need to go into the folder, and PotPlayer plays the incomplete files for me.
Depends on the media player? Are u sure ? Because earlier i had Power DVD, they used to play media files when downloading in u torrent. For a while i was playing with torrent clients that suits my requirements then i opened this to find an answer myself . http://malwaretips.com/threads/which-is-the-best-torrent-downloader.23006/

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Depends on the media player? Are u sure ? Because earlier i had Power DVD, they used to play media files when downloading in u torrent. For a while i was playing with torrent clients that suits my requirements then i opened this to find an answer myself . http://malwaretips.com/threads/which-is-the-best-torrent-downloader.23006/

Incomplete video playback depends on the media player capabilities. Even if the video is incompletely downloaded inside a compressed (.rar) file then PotPlayer will still be able to play it.

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Qbittorrent here.
It's the fastest client basing on my experience, and one of the easiest to use and set up :)

Reactions: Kuttz

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
uTorrent 2.2.1 here, it is still the only client that can handle hundreds of torrents without using tons of memory or CPU.

Stedos

Level 1
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
I'm currently using µTorrent (v3.3.2) as my torrent client. I rarely torrent things but if I need 'something' I use torrents. I've never used torrents enough to NEED another client. µTorrent does exactly what I need it to do.
I know that µTorrent comes with a lot of Adware, but I looked through the installer well and didn't get any installed on my machine.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
For me it depends on the OS, I use:
If Linux: Deluge
If Windows: qBittorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.