Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Lam

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2015
Hey Guys! Need help deciding which Internet Security to use. The reason why i am posting this is because i have no idea which suite has least/most impact on your system. I am running windows 10TP build 10074 x64, Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook z30-A00R, 4gb Ram

Harish_Shan23

Level 1
Verified
May 12, 2015
Avast! Internet Security 2015 barely takes up about 20 MB of RAM. It also has very good detection rate.
Webroot Secureanywhere 2015 takes less than 10 MB of RAM. Not very good 0-Day protection but excellent behavior blocker.

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
Your specific system will make it very clear to you which AV it likes best...

The ones that have been the most consistent, unproblematic performers on my AMD W8.1 system are:
  • Emsisoft Anti-Malware
  • Emsisoft Internet Security
  • ESET Smart Security
  • Comodo Internet Security
Emsisoft does not officially support W10 at this time... and I would doubt F-Secure and BitDefender have perfected W10 versions yet either.

Comodo, I think, supports W10... but I would verify that fact before installing it.

I chose AVs that work best on my specific system... and not which ones are rated best by the labs or other users.
Beg to differ with you hjbx, but I'm running Bitdefender Free with windows 10 Build 10130 and it's running like a top.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
"Webroot is very light indeed, but it has a strange high impact on browsing speed".

I agree. I tried the 14 day trial of Webroot Secure Antivirus a couple months ago and found slower browsing speed .

Last edited:

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Emsisoft Internet Security for me, it is almost perfect.
No impact on browsing speed, great PUP detection, strong Behavior Blocker, good support ...
Really? Is Emsisoft this light already? How about boot time and the launch of apps? I am surprised to know that some even equate Emsisoft with ESET on lightness.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
EAM doesn't slow down browsing/PC nor it makes boot time slow like snail, though eset gain less few seconds in my system in boot time compare to EAM.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
EAM doesn't slow down browsing/PC nor it makes boot time slow like snail, though eset gain less few seconds in my system in boot time compare to EAM.
Thanks! I only have single core 1.66 GHZ... see it's so weak. I was using Emsisoft when it was on version 7-8 before and it was a little heavy. Maybe one year from now I could upgrade my hardware.

Reactions: Koroke San
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.