Best option for AMD motherboard and processor at around $150. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
A few days ago one of my friend asked me to help him choose a AMD Motherboard & CPU. I was puzzled to see that there are huge variation on AMD's products at the low budget.

Price should be between $140 - 150 . Can you please suggest a good configuration AMD motherboard and processor to play entry level games and watching movies.

Can you help me chose a AMD Motherboards at around $150 ?

Last edited by a moderator:

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
What socket type? Which AMD processor?

As his low budget and the basis of daily uses like watching movie or simple gaming experience he need to upgrade his PC, I think he need not any specific socket or Processor.

A

Alkajak

I'm confused, your post says you're looking for a motherboard with a set budget of $150.

Are you also looking for help to decide on a processor? What is your budget for the processor?

Reactions: Noxx and BoraMurdar

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
A

Alkajak

@suma It makes it difficult for anyone to help you when you ignore the vital questions being asked.

Based on his links, he is looking for a CPU under $150 and motherboard under $150.

As mentioned earlier, the socket types need to match. You've chosen an AM3 CPU and an AM3+ motherboard. These do not match.

Reactions: BoraMurdar

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
Due to lack knowledge of mine on Hardware Cant able to elaborate What he need actually. His total budget should be $150 (10000INR) for a Motherboard (Socket 462) and a Processor. Suggest me best supported hardware suit for him. I am sorry if i did any mistake.. :):):rolleyes:

Reactions: BoraMurdar
A

Alkajak

I did not find you a socket 462 motherboard as it no longer has an importance since you don't have a CPU already.

AMD solution:
CPU: AMD FX 4-Core Black Edition FX-4300 3.8GHz Processor - 6475.00
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Motherboard - 4950.00
Total: 11425.00

Intel solution:
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 Dual Core processor (3MB, 3.20GHz) - 6999.00
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 LGA 1150 Socket DDR3 1066/1333/1600 MHz Intel H81 Express Chipset - 4990.00
Total: 11989.00

10000 INR is tight. I can make it work, but it will be a lot less powerful than the two solutions above.

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.