Status
Not open for further replies.

suma

Level 4
Verified
A few days ago one of my friend asked me to help him choose a AMD Motherboard & CPU. I was puzzled to see that there are huge variation on AMD's products at the low budget.

Price should be between $140 - 150 . Can you please suggest a good configuration AMD motherboard and processor to play entry level games and watching movies.

Can you help me chose a AMD Motherboards at around $150 ?

Last edited by a moderator:

suma

Level 4
Verified
What socket type? Which AMD processor?
As his low budget and the basis of daily uses like watching movie or simple gaming experience he need to upgrade his PC, I think he need not any specific socket or Processor.

A

Alkajak

I'm confused, your post says you're looking for a motherboard with a set budget of $150.

Are you also looking for help to decide on a processor? What is your budget for the processor?

Reactions: Noxx and BoraMurdar

suma

Level 4
Verified
Last edited by a moderator:
A

Alkajak

@suma It makes it difficult for anyone to help you when you ignore the vital questions being asked.

Based on his links, he is looking for a CPU under $150 and motherboard under $150.

As mentioned earlier, the socket types need to match. You've chosen an AM3 CPU and an AM3+ motherboard. These do not match.

Reactions: BoraMurdar

suma

Level 4
Verified
Due to lack knowledge of mine on Hardware Cant able to elaborate What he need actually. His total budget should be $150 (10000INR) for a Motherboard (Socket 462) and a Processor. Suggest me best supported hardware suit for him. I am sorry if i did any mistake.. :):):rolleyes:

Reactions: BoraMurdar
A

Alkajak

I did not find you a socket 462 motherboard as it no longer has an importance since you don't have a CPU already.

AMD solution:
CPU: AMD FX 4-Core Black Edition FX-4300 3.8GHz Processor - 6475.00
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Motherboard - 4950.00
Total: 11425.00

Intel solution:
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 Dual Core processor (3MB, 3.20GHz) - 6999.00
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 LGA 1150 Socket DDR3 1066/1333/1600 MHz Intel H81 Express Chipset - 4990.00
Total: 11989.00

10000 INR is tight. I can make it work, but it will be a lot less powerful than the two solutions above.

Status
Not open for further replies.