Advice Request Best Privacy and Protection Security

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Someone here where I live may call me today to help set up some things on her computer. She runs a small counseling ministry and also a small business. Not sure what she would like done, but I am thinking of suggesting some security additions she might make while I am there. For a counseling company, I think privacy would be very important, so I want to add that, but also I think free will be important too. It's a non-profit organization.

Considering Comodo (not sure which) sandbox set to block for the main security. I want to keep it simple, so I guess it's best to leave it there and not add sigs although Avast is tempting to recommend. For privacy protection, however, I can only think of uBlock Origin.

I would appreciate any input on this, so thanks for looking. Not sure what would be best, so I am up for any ideas...

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I can think of Comodo Firewall 10 with CF settings + uBlock Origin + Netcraft extension.

Simple, effective and yet very light.

If it is a Windows 10 machine you could leave Windows Defender running, it wouldnt hurt ...

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
That could work, but I think she may have the software to install already. Does kind of bring to my mind how I might be thinking in this situation. I might actually go that way for a business. Windows is just way too busy for an office imo or at least W10. Too many creeper feelers inside the operating system.

Thanks for the suggestion. Really appreciate it. I could be getting closer to going with Linux myself.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
I can think of Comodo Firewall 10 with CF settings + uBlock Origin + Netcraft extension.

Simple, effective and yet very light.

If it is a Windows 10 machine you could leave Windows Defender running, it wouldnt hurt ...

I think Netcraft doesn't work for me.
how to works?, i've the 5 months trying with them, and i don't receive any notification alert about blocked websites by the extension. i addition In summary too, i detect high memory consumption on this extension.

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
I would think that Linux would be the lowest cost, and most secure, approach for a small business solution.

However, the main showstoppers to that approach would be a dependency on any Windows only applications.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.